Water in fuel light random

webb06

Reaction score
Got a customer with a 2014 6.7. Truck is deeleted with minimaxx. He works on the road and is currently in North Dakota working. He was home over thanksgiving and had us check out a water in fuel light that had intermittently been coming on. There’s also a service exhaust system message that displays on the dash randomly. He drained the separator multiple times and no water came out.

When the truck was at our shop I replaced the fuel filters and replaced the cap and WIF sensor with good used units. Very little water in the bottom of the cap. Not enough to set off the sensor.

Next day he drove up to minnesota with no problems. After a few days up north in the cold he started getting the water in fuel light back on as well as the exhaust system message. Assuming this is related to the cold weather. Looking for any input or help. Don’t see why any exhaust system warnings would display when *** is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Check the plugs after weight loss. Might be shorting out

Considered that but didn’t put eyes on them when the truck was here. Thought maybe they were getting ice or snow packed.

webb06

Reaction score
sounds like a corroded nox module.

You’re thinking for the exhaust message correct? Typically I pull the modules off with the filter but maybe I didn’t on that truck.

sootie

Reaction score
You’re thinking for the exhaust message correct? Typically I pull the modules off with the filter but maybe I didn’t on that truck.

Yes. I do as well, just I have seen symptoms like you describe with ones that have started to corrode

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

I see it says you replaced the wif sensor but was there any water or salt or other crap in the plug itself. Might need to clean it out and put some di electric grease in it and see if that helps.

live life full throttle

webb06

Reaction score
This truck will be back in our shop this week. Any other suggestions or ideas are appreciated. Will report what we find, if anything.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.