Need Help Please Look

hmsjr88

Reaction score
OK here it goes, my truck is a 2003 F-250 Superduty 6.0 deisel with an Edge chip installed. The bad part is once I park my truck and get out the Radio, Interior Light, Odometer, Bed Light come back on from time to time. To keep my battery from running down I put in a battery cut off switch. I have checked all fuses and relays (all checked good) and I have replaced the lock cylinder in the column. All of this has not stopped the problem. Somebody please help and give me an idea of where to look now.

Shootingstar

Reaction score
My dad had two different trucks a 99 and a 04 have problems with door switches that would make is dome light come on from time to time. I think he was able to disconnect them one at a time an was able to locate it that way. When the problem stopped he replaced that switch.
Worth looking at!

BigRed97

Reaction score
Think the gems stopped mid 02. But could be corrosion/water intrusion in the fuse block. Or a faulty ignition switch.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Which edge chip? Is it one with the cool down option? Did you do any mods to the truck right around the time the problem started?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its either a door switch or water in the fuse block. 03 doesnt have a gem. It has a BCM behind the radio.

Superduty trucks are notorious for windshield leaks.

BigRed97

Reaction score
Its either a door switch or water in the fuse block. 03 doesnt have a gem. It has a BCM behind the radio.

Superduty trucks are notorious for windshield leaks.

I would agree with door switch if he hadn't said the radio as well. A door switch won't turn on the radio.....

TyCorr

Reaction score
I would agree with door switch if he hadn't said the radio as well. A door switch won't turn on the radio.....

No you're right. But that doesnt rule out the switch entirely. I found my windshield leak by first fixing my drivers side door switch. The flippin dome lights would come on intermittently. My initial fix was to take the bulbs out :doh:...then I did some checking...aw, hell im boring you already.

I had a leaky windshield and a corroded fuse block/gem...short version.

With a lifted superduty, its not easy finding a glass man that will even come look at your truck. They dont want anything to do with it. Rebuttal, rebuttal, rebuttal...etc...

From what Ive heard the Body Control Modules arent any better. They moved them to the center of the cab because water doesnt run that far double :doh: instead of finding out why their windshields prefer to leak than seal out water.

hmsjr88

Reaction score
so the bcm should be behind the radio? and the door switch is in the door, correct?

Latest posts

Members online