superduty prerunner project

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I decided im going to keep my 05 and make it an off road toy.

The most important part is the suspension. Still havent decided on what kit I want but It will be 4.5'' and ether a Carli or icon kit. Really leaning towards Carli pin top or coilovers

coilovers
B155-FE359F5F63F1-195-0000000AB9A2523F_zpsebf33ffc.jpg

Pin top
jason1.png

over all pic

967-94842FCF0C31-2966-00000193907D21B2_zps88168ea3.jpg

Bumper: I think im going with N-Fab full replacement because Im a dealer for them.

F41236514.jpg

Lights: Im going with 4 light force 210mm lights (2 spots and 2 wides)

DL210.jpg

Finders: Going with 3'' fiberglass finders front and rear. Also doing 2 tone delete when I get them painted.

0DD-E8F7751E2F3C-2966-00000198487DCC04_zps1c3707b7.jpg

280-EE78C5705218-2966-0000019901A3C408_zpsa02ca248.jpg

Wheels: 17'' mickey thompson classic lock black and maybe with the red lock ring if it is close enough to the paint color probably have to add a spacer to bring the tires out to the edge of the finders.

classic_lock_black.jpg

Tires: General Grabber 35/12.5/r17

general-tire-grabber.jpg

rear bumper: not really sure what I wanna do here yet. Might make something like this

wpe03005.JPG

But I also have been thinking about a tire gate or making my own tire mounting set up. Not really concerned about loosing the function of the bed because I have other trucks for that but It would still be nice to be able to haul a 4 wheeler around. and I like the look of both. Just not sure yet.

Thinking about mounting a big rigid light bar on the roof but not sure yet.

Also not sure If I wanna do some sort of roll bar cage something in the back. That might be later on.

any way always open to opinions and other products you think would fit better that I probably havent found yet or didnt know about! And this truck WILL be used off road and not just a pavement queen

Last edited:

BlueOx

Reaction score
Only thing I'd do different is loose the round lights up front and go with a couple rigid style bars up front

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Only thing I'd do different is loose the round lights up front and go with a couple rigid style bars up front

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

I was going to do that but not sure how it would look with that bumper because it was made for round lights. You would have to stack 2 to fill up the hole in the bumper for lights. Plus I kinda like the look of the round ones but it is kinda old school

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Matt have you thought of running an icon coilover kit, that is another option.

Also x2 on the light bars if your open to them. I had round lights and ditched them for a led bar

smokinstroker

Reaction score
No sir txglassman runs one. Adjustable 4.5-6" just another option for you this is the route I may go due to price

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
just found it. there are 2. I was only seeing the 7-9'' ones. So how does that work? do you have to get the icon kit then not use the coils and shocks and use the coils? or can you sup in the coils?

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Icon sells a coilover mount kit.

I agree on the leafs not being addresses this is another thing I've been trying to gather info on before I buy my kit.

I think we're in the same predicament here

JMart

Reaction score
Going to be cool for sure.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Icon sells a coilover mount kit.

I agree on the leafs not being addresses this is another thing I've been trying to gather info on before I buy my kit.

I think we're in the same predicament here

yeah but is it just and add on and you have to just not use the coils and the socks and just eat that cost or can you substitute them in?

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I can substitute them, they sell all the components seperate and will make you a kit. Talked to them today actually

Vizsla

Reaction score
Icon if it will do on and off road. Carli for offroad, the pintops are a great option and work really good, not as good as coilover, but only a minuscule difference to 99% of drivers. The pintops IMO end up being a really durable option, with next to no chance of failing, and leaving you stranded. I ran the M/T Classic Lock 2, they exceeded my every expectation, pounded them often, nice and true new, and same after MUCH abuse. The anodized rings are cool but spendy to swap(for color), I painted mine with no probs, and they looked great. Some may feel they are old school, but I like wheels, never tired of these, loved them the day they went on, loved them when sold(miss em). Super strong, and ability to change the look whenever is hard to beat. Best other upgrade was good driveshaft, Tom Woods made mine, and it was perfect, so smooth. They spent a ton of time getting me what I needed, lots of measuring and angles to get travel and angles perfect. Carli rear leaves shine off road, I would use bags for hauling if needed, but IMO that is a trade-off that is unavoidable for great off-road performance, you would not be disappointed in any way other than the aforementioned loss in hauling/towing capacity, no comparison off-road.

Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Icon if it will do on and off road. Carli for offroad, the pintops are a great option and work really good, not as good as coilover, but only a minuscule difference to 99% of drivers. The pintops IMO end up being a really durable option, with next to no chance of failing, and leaving you stranded. I ran the M/T Classic Lock 2, they exceeded my every expectation, pounded them often, nice and true new, and same after MUCH abuse. The anodized rings are cool but spendy to swap(for color), I painted mine with no probs, and they looked great. Some may feel they are old school, but I like wheels, never tired of these, loved them the day they went on, loved them when sold(miss em). Super strong, and ability to change the look whenever is hard to beat. Best other upgrade was good driveshaft, Tom Woods made mine, and it was perfect, so smooth. They spent a ton of time getting me what I needed, lots of measuring and angles to get travel and angles perfect. Carli rear leaves shine off road, I would use bags for hauling if needed, but IMO that is a trade-off that is unavoidable for great off-road performance, you would not be disappointed in any way other than the aforementioned loss in hauling/towing capacity, no comparison off-road.

great post man thanks!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I like my icon coilovers fixing to add a set of piggy back shocks on all 4 corners and it should be ready to handle anything from grocery shopping to desert racing