MPD's "Project 6.0L Proving Grounds"

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This is going to be a project thread, but a different kind of project...

Craig had a brilliant idea... well ill be honest its a crazy idea, but crazy is good! What could be more fun than asking a beat up old dirty 6.0L work truck and turn it into something it isn't?

This project is for the people, for the good of the sport, to show what works, and what works best. This truck is going to be severely abused, for the fun of it, pushing its envelope. We are asking you all to contribute to this thread, with any combinations you would like to see tested, whether it be injector, turbo, converter stall, anything really. We see and hear so much of what some trucks can and cant do with certain parts, but with the publics common interest and curiosity I think this will be fun and interesting experience for everyone. All of these steps will be tested on the drag strip with real track times.

As a start, here is the clapped out hoopty this will start as! :eek:fftopic

iw9h.jpg

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Aren't your tracks already closed for the winter? When will the first combination have results? Spring?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my POS phone

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Trans is going to stay stock at first, see how far it can get us. We are going to start out with 190/30 Injectors with the stock turbo and see where that gets us, we will leave these injectors in there for now and test turbos.

We also have a custom turbo charger on its way, with a cast 62mm compressor and a gt40 turbine.

1fastTRX

Reaction score
Stock injector, stock turbo, full fuel tune, and track it. Then add a ported intake manifold and track it. Bigger turbo or injectors then run again. Add whichever wasn't done and run again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Cold Roller

Reaction score
We are going to start out with 190/30 Injectors with the stock turbo and see where that gets us, we will leave these injectors in there for now and test turbos.
Hot!

Open or plugged injectors? Add a second HPOP. Switch out to a new exhaust, compare results and then a better flowing(?) air intake system (AFE). Keep the fuel system stock, except add a low pressure feeder to the HFCM. Once you are maxed out with the 190s at 50-75% nozzles, plug the spill-ports for a comparison dyno. Add a gutted intake manifold.

Is this an over-the-top build or are you keeping it civil?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Open port, flow tested. Built right. Definitely not over the top. Its just more or less to test things out with. Not going to be high dollar budget.

Latest posts

Members online