Something Broke. Extreme Vibration Under Throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Got out but never actually went to the exhaust, didn't hear anything unusual, only really hear the miss at idle on the driver's side as it is. I'll check tho.
10-4

might pm mark kovalsky and ask him what might possibly have happened in trans if it is even possible to get hot then something come lose enough to make it vibrate.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just so you know this does sound exactly like what mine did when I had an injector down on the way back from Tennessee this past summer. Ended up being a bad UVCH connection, needed a new one. Anything over 2000 it was almost unnoticeable. TC would lock under 2000 and it almost felt like the truck was on washboard.

ToMang07

Reaction score
10-4

might pm mark kovalsky and ask him what might possibly have happened in trans if it is even possible to get hot then something come lose enough to make it vibrate.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

I think that's part of what threw me. I'm probably linking 2 separate issues as 1. Either way I'll be dropping the ATF pan and flushing some new fluid through. Hopefully it's just a bad injector and/or harness issue. Kinda pissed because I'm supposed to be picking up a 69 Swinger tomorrow, so now I'll be borrowing my brother's F150 to tow it with instead of my F350. :doh:

ToMang07

Reaction score
Just so you know this does sound exactly like what mine did when I had an injector down on the way back from Tennessee this past summer. Ended up being a bad UVCH connection, needed a new one. Anything over 2000 it was almost unnoticeable. TC would lock under 2000 and it almost felt like the truck was on washboard.

Good to know, and the low-stall TC would explain why it's so much worse at low RPMs. Thanks.

mandkole

Reaction score
Hard work with the TC unlocked and no ram air over the secondary cooler could build lots of heat in engine and trans.

To the other comments, after a new trans in a dodge, we found an extreme cyl contribution issue causing vibration at TC lock. A couple of weak injectors were exposed by the load on the motor at lower rpm.

bluedge8

Reaction score
My miss on my truck was low speed only and pretty bad. Unnoticeable at high way speed. I changed the v/c gaskets and only saw one connection that looked like it go warm.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
This does not sound at all like a transmission problem.

When you overheated the trans I hope you idled it for a while before shutting the engine off. Shutting the engine off with an overheated trans can cook the transmission.

ToMang07

Reaction score
So short(ish) update... bought an IR Temp reader, truck has been pretty much sitting since this happened, had to plow 2x and drive into town to fill up 1x, sitting otherwise.

Let it idle up and get warm while pointing the reader at the exhaust ports, they all got up to ~180 +/- 10 except #2, which never got above 90*.

Last month I've been nursing a bum knee and the weather hasn't exactly cooperated, either, so I haven't had a chance to pull injectors yet. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be able to finally get the valve covers pulled and start working on it.

I will say I noticed if I let it idle (normal RPM) the oil pressure gauge will drop off. Which has me wondering since I just put a new Melling oil pump in a month before this happened.

ToMang07

Reaction score
No coolant or fuel in the oil? a duramax I owned would do that when it had fuel in the oil.

I haven't checked recently, but all fluids were fine/normal when I checked. I'll have to check again before I pull the injector. I'll have to change fluids after I do the injectors, anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.