"Crude Intentions" Build

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
96631caa6347ee50eed279e4d67013d7.jpg

Guess I better get cracking if I want to get it up and running before UCC.

524a347f31e183dd90f9bd3888e927da.jpg

Amish superduty. I wanted to clean up the frame and suspension so I pulled the box along with the cab. And since I still don't have my own hoist, I needed a way to move it out of my buddy's shop. Seems would work well, sure got some strange looks on my 5 mile drive home.

8da54116a4ded49a00d33175888ce90a.jpg

Cylinder and piston look fine. Sure glad RCD did 60 thousandths fly cuts for their stage 3 cam. Might have ended worse. Piston has a slight imprint where valve and piston made sweet love when the rocker arm let loose.

5d47161db4170b3bf29a9e1aa4066fb8.jpg

Heads are gonna be taken down to Drew at D&J. Along with my intake since I decided it would be a good idea to pull threads on one of the plug holes. He is gonna repair the intake and head. And the flow bench them and see what gains can be had from his CNC program.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
get some !
Goal is to push as possible out of the work stock legal chargers as possible. I have more feeling to hurt this coming season. I stirred up some hurt last season as little as it was out. Time to bring on the hurt.

"Fords can't make power, your wasting your time" LOL

Black AOD

Reaction score
Goal is to push as possible out of the work stock legal chargers as possible. I have more feeling to hurt this coming season. I stirred up some hurt last season as little as it was out. Time to bring on the hurt.

"Fords can't make power, your wasting your time" LOL

No Only your Ferd cant make powah ! lol

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
064bd89d38858201c948a8e1a9e660c1.jpg

I think while it's apart I'm going to have the frame blasted and painted. I'm this close to having it torn down this far, might as well do it now.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Isn't that everyone's goal?? Haha.
I'm curious to see what Drew can do with the heads.

I would get as much Michigan off that truck as possible while it's torn down lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Isn't that everyone's goal?? Haha.
I'm curious to see what Drew can do with the heads.

I would get as much Michigan off that truck as possible while it's torn down lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. I'm gonna message him and see what he's thinking on them. He had some ideas off the start but wanted time to see what else he could do for me.

Honestly the truck is in really good shape now. It's only seen 2 michigan winters. It was a Texas truck before it made its way to Wisconsin. And then the guy in WI blew it up before it's 1st winter.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I thought the frames on these were e-coated from the factory? My dads 2010 has spent most of its life in Michigan and the actual frame is not rusted at all. The sheet metal is starting to show some rust though.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I thought the frames on these were e-coated from the factory? My dads 2010 has spent most of its life in Michigan and the actual frame is not rusted at all. The sheet metal is starting to show some rust though.
Not sure what the factory coating is, but I've got some bare metal with surface rust showing in spots. And where the coating is still fine it's dull and crappie looking. I'd like a high gloss black, to make it look better than the day it was new.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Spent all weekend at UCC and picked up parts from Drew. Hope to start working on it soon. Work is crazy so who knows how long assembly will take.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Got the majority of the engine back together. Just waiting on my intake to come back from powder. Tomorrow I plan on pulling the trans for a few R&D parts and a quick peak at the clutches. Might even send the converter out for a refresh.
80023d3a70efc2da1ca27f9a9e5ea39f.jpg
2971545a3ac0713099375f22e7de337c.jpg
9663a190f90bc428a45d61931079e214.jpg

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Psssht they look stock when I bolt the intake to them. 😂 Soon as it gets back from powder I'll get the rest of the engine assembled. So I can pull it out of the frame. Gonna scuff the frame up and paint it. Then this winter I'll pull all my suspension parts and powder them.

Latest posts

Members online