Mini Maxx Issue - Wont Work - New Mini Maxx Tuner Stuck on Initializing Communication

Black AOD

Reaction score
Tuner is currently set for 10-12 6.7L Cummins, Need it to do 11-12 6.7 Powerstroke, specifically a 2012 F350 that's had emizzions weight loss. Couldn't get it to go past the Red Mini Maxx screen, stuck on " Initializing Communication" and hitting any of the buttons did nothing, including the top left which usually lets you switch model/make of truck. Unit has never been used until now, sat sealed in a box for almost a year. I'm updating it now using the H&S updater program but idk if that will help. Any thoughts?

Unit is an international unit, it should do all 3, Dmax, Cummins, and Powerstroke

300000 and counting

Reaction score
Something is wrong with the updater, I hear its been screwing up peoples mini/ black maxx's making there screens go black and what not, I would not use H&S updater. Find somebody who can give you the last update.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Something is wrong with the updater, I hear its been screwing up peoples mini/ black maxx's making there screens go black and what not, I would not use H&S updater. Find somebody who can give you the last update.

Well that sucks. I already did the latest update :doh:

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I've been told the exact same thing.

sootie

Reaction score
i cant get the updater to work period. Its times like this i would get with Drunk on Diesel and he would send me whatever files i needed and walk me thru any tech support.....RIP Forrest :(

webb06

Reaction score
Try powering up the tuner with the computer and switching vehicles like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm gonna try this tonight too. If it doesnt work, Big R sent me a list of a procedure to try that sounds promising.

Black AOD

Reaction score

Well unfortunately this didn't work either.

I did however get the tuner to work using the top left button so I can go to the main menu now. I changed it to 11-12 Ford 6.7 and then I get this screen which the tuner WILL NOT go past.

20170227_172558.jpg

I tried a screen bypass procedure that Big R gave me, that didn't work either.

Mike and one of the mods on DTP told me to try the updater again, apparently they fixed a few things. So I guess we will see where that gets me.

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
If you want to call up here to the shop I should be able to get you helped out buddy.
Just saw this. Not sure how I missed this. Will def. call on monday. The unit was originally purchased through you by the 1st customer anyway I think! Thanks Daniel!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.