6.4 lift pump

KAquack

Reaction score
I am installing an airdog II 4g 165 this weekend and have been wondering about the top side fuel filter. The AD bypasses the lower filter. Is everyone just removing the topside filter or doing a ****** of the entire topside fuel filter assembly? I think the top side filter is kinda pointless after the airdog is installed.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I just installed the same pump last weekend. I left the top filter in place. I was less than impressed with the mounting options for a sbcc. I wanted it inside the frame rail but due to the cab mount it didn't work out. I ended up mounting it on the outside of the rail . The return hose needed a straight fitting on each end of the hose imo. I ended up making a short harness to hook the pump to the factory pump electrical connector. I read that others have done it this way and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KAquack

Reaction score
I just installed the same pump last weekend. I left the top filter in place. I was less than impressed with the mounting options for a sbcc. I wanted it inside the frame rail but due to the cab mount it didn't work out. I ended up mounting it on the outside of the rail . The return hose needed a straight fitting on each end of the hose imo. I ended up making a short harness to hook the pump to the factory pump electrical connector. I read that others have done it this way and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I done the same thing with the harness. I put mine on the inside of the frame rail but it was extremely tight to get it in there. Mine wouldn't fit on the outside of the rail because my traction bar mount was in the way. I can dm you some pictures of where mine mounted on the inside. If you want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online