CK4 spec oils.

superpsd

Reaction score
So I have been running Delo 15w40 LE since I have had my 7.3 for over 6 years now. I see that Ford has not recommended the CK4 spec for any engine old or new and that Fords own testing has shown it to not have the antiwear properties of CJ4 spec oils. I now see that most oils on the shelf are now CK4 including the Delo I have had great success with. So for now I'll put some motorcraft oil in and hope that a few other oils keep the CJ4 spec.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So I have been running Delo 15w40 LE since I have had my 7.3 for over 6 years now. I see that Ford has not recommended the CK4 spec for any engine old or new and that Fords own testing has shown it to not have the antiwear properties of CJ4 spec oils. I now see that most oils on the shelf are now CK4 including the Delo I have had great success with. So for now I'll put some motorcraft oil in and hope that a few other oils keep the CJ4 spec.

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/searchdiesel.asp

Here, is a link to search for approved oils.

This is Ford CK4 statement.

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrica...otor Company CK-4 FA-4 Position Statement.pdf

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Or 8700 will remain CJ4 indefinitely. And it's only 69$ a pail including shipping. I'm running it in my 17 right now and will be testing it at 7500 miles before I switch to 8854.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Or 8700 will remain CJ4 indefinitely. And it's only 69$ a pail including shipping. I'm running it in my 17 right now and will be testing it at 7500 miles before I switch to 8854.

Will 8854 stay CJ4 as well, or will it be swapped over to CK4 after awhile?

psduser1

Reaction score

Is that a w40 oil, jim?

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Will 8854 stay CJ4 as well, or will it be swapped over to CK4 after awhile?

8854, 8800, and 8130 will all be CK4 in the next couple weeks.

I will be testing them all personally, but with Monolec in them all it's highly unlikely antiwear will drop at all. That's one of the advantages to having additives that the EPA doesn't measure, and that NASA relies on.

8700 and 8730 will remain CJ4 indefinitely.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Is that a w40 oil, jim?

8700 is a 15-40 8730 is a 10-30. Both are turning out to be far better oils than I expected. The Mag cal add packs are such good quality. And both still have Monolec.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I'll keep this in mind. The price is not bad.

It's such a great value it's cutting into my 8800 business. But we just purchased an absolutely stupid amount of base oil and add pack at a huge discount. So it's nice to have the price point and still have a great Oil.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I will probably order some up here in the near future. Thanks.
be the best decision you have ever made.. it comes in qts and 2 gallon jugs also. not just pails.. but the price goes up a little with each jump from pails to jugs to qts..
Is that a w40 oil, jim?
no, it is unicorn piss

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

OhOne

Reaction score
Just curious Where are you purchasing the pail at??

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Gotcha.. New around here, sorry.

I should apologize, I assumed too much. I'm a sponsor on here that provides lubricants. I own a tribological consulting firm, so I'm quite obsessed with lubrication and best practices.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I should apologize, I assumed too much. I'm a sponsor on here that provides lubricants. I own a tribological consulting firm, so I'm quite obsessed with lubrication and best practices.

if you all dont use his lube, it will only hurt you!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online