Steering knuckle

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I went to replace my tie rod yesterday and noticed the tapered tie rod hole in the knuckle was egged out thus the new tie rod wouldn't work lol so with that being said is there any fix to this?

I checked eBay local junk yards etc... nothing ... I can find dana 50 all day but not dana 60's

cpadolf3

Reaction score
I went to replace my tie rod yesterday and noticed the tapered tie rod hole in the knuckle was egged out thus the new tie rod wouldn't work lol so with that being said is there any fix to this?

I checked eBay local junk yards etc... nothing ... I can find dana 50 all day but not dana 60's
Can you post a picture of it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Iirc, the knuckles out are the same from d59-d60. The only difference between the d50-d60 is ring gear size and axle shaft spline count at the carrier

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score

Ruff Stuff Specialties make inserts

Iirc, the knuckles out are the same from d59-d60. The only difference between the d50-d60 is ring gear size and axle shaft spline count at the carrier

On 97 and down they are NOT the same
98 and up are interchangeable up to 04

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
Sorry about that I never changed my sig. No I don't have a picture because it's still moveable I can find dana 60 king pin all day I just can't find ball joint ones.

Does anyone know the sizes of what a factory tie rod hole is how big to drill it etc? I have found inserts but I didn't know the sizes

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
It looks like the only move I have is the inserts but even then all I find is GM inserts even off ruff stuff

JohnT24

Reaction score
This happened to me more than a few years ago

I bought an insert I believe from ruff stuff

I used a tapered reamer to clean up the egged hole
Then tapped in the insert.

It has worked fine for years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
This happened to me more than a few years ago

I bought an insert I believe from ruff stuff

I used a tapered reamer to clean up the egged hole
Then tapped in the insert.

It has worked fine for years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
do you recall what one you got?

Did you have to use a different tie rod end or did you use the factory ford tie rod? I pulled the knuckle off tonight I'm debating on sending it to my machine shop to weld it then re taper it vs doing a insert

JohnT24

Reaction score
do you recall what one you got?

Did you have to use a different tie rod end or did you use the factory ford tie rod? I pulled the knuckle off tonight I'm debating on sending it to my machine shop to weld it then re taper it vs doing a insert

Sorry, I don't remember exactly what I bought...

only that it was an insert to match the Ford tie rod end.... for putting a ford front end in a jeep or some other type of conversion...

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
There she is LOL

Attachments

• 20170426_175525.jpg
    20170426_175525.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54

JohnT24

Reaction score
Can't get a used one at the boneyard?

just for curiosity.... have you looked up how much a new one is?

Latest posts

Members online