Steel Washers?

Black 02

Reaction score
Hey All,

After about a year of life events and family illness and etc, I'm finally trying to bolt the external stuff on my engine and get the old dinosaur running again. Been a long journey.

Anyway, my engine builder removed some of the external stuff from the engine and tanked everything and it came back to me clean in plastic bags. I recognize just about everything except these two steel washers. They were in the bag. They are a little over 3/4" o.d. They are fairly thick and they have a taper on one side in the middle like you'd have a countersunk bolt fitting into it. I can't for the life of me figure out where they go. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Washer%202_zpsbycw465e.jpg

Washer%201_zpsqjlclpao.jpg

Washer%203_zpsonatmzyf.jpg

Black 02

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure where they are from. They were in a bag that had bolts for the oil cooler and intake manifold and stuff like that. I've had these engines apart quite a few times and it isn't clicking where it would go.

I just want to make sure they weren't for something internal that weren't put in or something with the luck I've had.....

Black 02

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Guess I won't worry about it since all of the studs have washers under them. The studs are new this time because the other ones had been torqued about 5 times.

Latest posts

Members online