Anyone home?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
What is the status of the injectors I sent back to you guys due to shoddy workmanship by Greg? Has anyone even opened the boxes?

Last edited:

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
When were the injectors shipped? and have you contacted the office to confirm delivery?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Injectors arrived either Saturday (9/6) or Monday (9/8).
I have made numerous attempts to contact Craig.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
10.50 at 129 on fuel lastnight with a capped out qastegate that wouldn't stay shut and go over 50 psi

Craig, since you are clearly too busy with triple turbo race trucks to be bothered with a lowly set of 7.3 injectors, I'll lay it out for you.
I expect a refund in my paypal account by noon tomorrow, as well as a tracking number for a set of good AA cores like the ones I originally sent you.
I don't care that Greg Furtak built these injectors. They were built while he was your employee, under the MFI name, and MPD is who appears on my credit card statement.
Enough is enough. My only vehicle has been down since early June due to these defective 850 mile injectors. I paid for 2-day freight so that I could have my truck running again in a timely manner, not so that the injectors could sit in your shop until next week.
I've given you numerous opportunities to resolve this quietly. Even a simple reply to any one of the 4 pm's I've sent you since the injectors left my possession would have sufficed.

[email protected] is my paypal.
you have my address on the boxes my injectors arrived in.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Have you called the shop? I've never had any trouble getting hold of them. Way better than PMs.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I called 8/9/14 at 11:39am PST // 2:39pm EST and was told Craig would give me a call back. Don't remember who I talked to.
With the time difference and my work commitments it isn't possible for me to make calls during the day.
I also had no issues communicating with Craig via PM prior to shipping the injectors back.

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
Your injectors along are being built, they are put into the order which they are received. For future reference (everyone) if you cannot get ahold of the Owner of the company, it is quite possible that one of the customer service reps can handle your inquires.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I was told by Craig that he would personally build them as soon as they arrived.
Hence why I was trying to contact him, and why them sitting untouched for a week is unacceptable.
In case you missed it:
I do not want the injectors back. Refund my money and ship me a set of cores.

Last edited:

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Awesome job once again guys. Top notch quality. :lame:

So far, so good. Box doesn't look damaged. However, a gentle shake and you can hear metal contacting metal.
DSCN0227_zps14b6d29e.jpg

Still not looking too bad.
DSCN0228_zpsebc3cd29.jpg

I can live with that.
DSCN0229_zpsda0fd113.jpg

Okay?
DSCN0230_zps9aa386fb.jpg

Seriously? $1600 worth of injectors, protected by a single piece of butcher paper? No bubble wrap? Not even a handful of packing peanuts?
DSCN0231_zps51e7c91c.jpg

Second box, same deal.
DSCN0232_zps6cf586d6.jpg

DSCN0235_zps69320162.jpg

Result: two inectors with cracked solenoids
DSCN0244_zps0ff21869.jpg

DSCN0238_zps4585d20b.jpg

DSCN0237_zps9e606e37.jpg

And to top it all off, it appears that they replaced the HPO side o-rings but didn't bother to replace the lower two.
DSCN0245_zps7f11bcd4.jpg

The copious amounts of greed thread locking compound was an especially nice touch. No doubt to prevent me from being able to remove the solenoid and confirm that they had in fact corrected the armature clearance issues.
0919142228_zpsa4ea5749.jpg

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
All the orings are new they are like that from flow testing when they get slide in the machine so they are all new...Also it's not thread locking compound it's tamper proof marker that gets put on all of our injectors
As far as packing we have never had a problem before packing them like that if you need a new soleniod all you have to do is give us a call and we can next day air you one out!

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
If you contact this # 410-354-0340 I'm sure the guys on the other end of the line will gladly assist you.....we package up every single one of our injectors in the same fashion and you are the first person that I know of to have an issue

Latest posts

Members online