Ground up rebuild for tired excursion

dsberman94

Reaction score
Irate diesel kit is what I bought. Comes with Upgraded draw straw, fittings, hose, their billet filter, water separater, and pump mount, regulator to head fuel lines, return line with quick connect fitting for the return. I think I got the upgraded pump but that’s optional. You can get a tank sump set up from them as well but I preferred the draw straw.

Cnc fab also makes fuel line kits as well as HPO line kits. They make a few different kits with quality parts. Worth checking out.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
That is not a regulated return system that is a fuel lift pump that helps get the fuel from the tank so the regular fuel pump doesn't strain as much when you go wot and demand more fuel from the pump (well that's my theory anyway on why they sell these products but I do know for sure that it isn't a regulated return and that it is a lift pump). A regulated return looks like a little aluminum block that goes where your fuel filter housing used to go.

Big Red Bus

Reaction score
That is not a regulated return system that is a fuel lift pump that helps get the fuel from the tank so the regular fuel pump doesn't strain as much when you go wot and demand more fuel from the pump (well that's my theory anyway on why they sell these products but I do know for sure that it isn't a regulated return and that it is a lift pump). A regulated return looks like a little aluminum block that goes where your fuel filter housing used to go.
Haha yeah after I posted it I started doing some digging on ther websites and yeah it is a lift pump which I dont understand why it says direct replacement when I have only found one pump on my truck and from what I have seen there is no pump in the tank on the powerstrokes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Haha yeah after I posted it I started doing some digging on ther websites and yeah it is a lift pump which I dont understand why it says direct replacement when I have only found one pump on my truck and from what I have seen there is no pump in the tank on the powerstrokes.

There isnt, the pump on sd and excursions are on the frame rail ( or so I think I could be wrong)on obs they're on the motor.

Tom1850

Reaction score
I built my own fuel system with an Aeromotive A1000 marine pump and bought the fuel lines from Swamps. The filter heads are just generic with Napa filters. It saved me bookoo bucks. If I was going to do this on a newer truck and had over a grand to lay out for the project I'd go with a Fass Signature series. You can't beat Fass for quality IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Big Red Bus

Reaction score
I built my own fuel system with an Aeromotive A1000 marine pump and bought the fuel lines from Swamps. The filter heads are just generic with Napa filters. It saved me bookoo bucks. If I was going to do this on a newer truck and had over a grand to lay out for the project I'd go with a Fass Signature series. You can't beat Fass for quality IMHO.

Yeah I checked out the fuel systems they are pretty spendy the basic one is 675 plus parts and harness, and it's only 67gph, does anyone know what the stock pump runs gph? Also looked at the regulated return and its compression fittings, Im Not a fan of compression as guys at work will find a drip and then over tighten and then it leaks more and boom your fabing a new line to replace the one they wrecked. So I'll probably just make my own as I'm kinda a snob on hardlines. Looked at the a1000 pump for marine applications and it does 105gph will see if I can find a cheap one will probably run cat separator and filter as we had good luck with them at work.

psduser1

Reaction score
Here is some pics of the ones I can get too
9119641823457ea493ae88a7a3114548.jpg
5ea1c1771f9b9e24e2231511ebd14644.jpg
ec2a89070fae218c203e7c31ee3c279d.jpg
e081d283c3f8c76bf9146b72eff928fc.jpg

Those dont look particularly cooked, so maybe just a lot of time at high rpms.

As far as fuel systems, if you are mechanically inclined, they aren't difficult to build, even with dual stock pumps.
I think I had around 750 into the last fuel system i built, and that was tank to engine, using strictly diesels regulated return on top of the engine.

Big Red Bus

Reaction score
Those dont look particularly cooked, so maybe just a lot of time at high rpms.

As far as fuel systems, if you are mechanically inclined, they aren't difficult to build, even with dual stock pumps.

I think I had around 750 into the last fuel system i built, and that was tank to engine, using strictly diesels regulated return on top of the engine.
Yeah I have built engines before and worked on diesel engines mainly cat 3512's and 3304's no my way around them and I think I will build my own system and probably my own regulated return. Hope to get it to the machine shop by end of this month. I hope the heads check out to keep the price down on the machining side.

Big Red Bus

Reaction score
Welp I'm committed now, couldn't pass it up should be a sub $500 fuel build now minus lines on engine
98d0ec7c5792a6f464354e6fa581f592.jpg

Big Red Bus

Reaction score

Have you had any problems with the a1000 marine pump I bought one but it read on their site that they are not for diesel, I called and at first they said it is fine and then he put me on hold to talk to a senior tech. And he said it is not recommended because it needs to be brushless motor? Kinda think they are trying to push there diesel pump/filter combo for over 1000 dollars

Zeb

Reaction score
Have you had any problems with the a1000 marine pump I bought one but it read on their site that they are not for diesel, I called and at first they said it is fine and then he put me on hold to talk to a senior tech. And he said it is not recommended because it needs to be brushless motor? Kinda think they are trying to push there diesel pump/filter combo for over 1000 dollars

I put the red A1000 on the very first fuel system I ever built. That fuel system is 6 years old and has 60,??? miles on it. Zero issues. I think you’ll be just fine.

Big Red Bus

Reaction score
I put the red A1000 on the very first fuel system I ever built. That fuel system is 6 years old and has 60,??? miles on it. Zero issues. I think you’ll be just fine.
Sweet I would assume so the only difference that he told me was that it's a brushless motor for the diesel one but that shouldn't matter for pump design it's just not gonna be as efficient and not as much power as the brushless if the pump design is the same.

Latest posts

Members online