Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 01-13-2020, 05:12 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red Bus View Post
Here is some pics of the ones I can get too

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Those dont look particularly cooked, so maybe just a lot of time at high rpms.

As far as fuel systems, if you are mechanically inclined, they aren't difficult to build, even with dual stock pumps.
I think I had around 750 into the last fuel system i built, and that was tank to engine, using strictly diesels regulated return on top of the engine.
2002 with a couple of mods, grocerygetter
Old 01-13-2020, 05:53 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by psduser1 View Post
Those dont look particularly cooked, so maybe just a lot of time at high rpms.

As far as fuel systems, if you are mechanically inclined, they aren't difficult to build, even with dual stock pumps.

I think I had around 750 into the last fuel system i built, and that was tank to engine, using strictly diesels regulated return on top of the engine.
Yeah I have built engines before and worked on diesel engines mainly cat 3512's and 3304's no my way around them and I think I will build my own system and probably my own regulated return. Hope to get it to the machine shop by end of this month. I hope the heads check out to keep the price down on the machining side.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:33 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Welp I'm committed now, couldn't pass it up should be a sub $500 fuel build now minus lines on engine

Old 01-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1850 View Post
I built my own fuel system with an Aeromotive A1000 marine pump and bought the fuel lines from Swamps. The filter heads are just generic with Napa filters. It saved me bookoo bucks. If I was going to do this on a newer truck and had over a grand to lay out for the project I'd go with a Fass Signature series. You can't beat Fass for quality IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Have you had any problems with the a1000 marine pump I bought one but it read on their site that they are not for diesel, I called and at first they said it is fine and then he put me on hold to talk to a senior tech. And he said it is not recommended because it needs to be brushless motor? Kinda think they are trying to push there diesel pump/filter combo for over 1000 dollars

Old 01-14-2020, 03:36 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red Bus View Post
Have you had any problems with the a1000 marine pump I bought one but it read on their site that they are not for diesel, I called and at first they said it is fine and then he put me on hold to talk to a senior tech. And he said it is not recommended because it needs to be brushless motor? Kinda think they are trying to push there diesel pump/filter combo for over 1000 dollars

I put the red A1000 on the very first fuel system I ever built. That fuel system is 6 years old and has 60,??? miles on it. Zero issues. I think you’ll be just fine.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:16 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
I put the red A1000 on the very first fuel system I ever built. That fuel system is 6 years old and has 60,??? miles on it. Zero issues. I think you’ll be just fine.
Sweet I would assume so the only difference that he told me was that it's a brushless motor for the diesel one but that shouldn't matter for pump design it's just not gonna be as efficient and not as much power as the brushless if the pump design is the same.