RCD 68mm Powermax

strokin6L

Reaction score
the 190's are plenty of fuel, i say a powermax is a waste to be honest if youre solely looking for power. Its going to be hard to get the 68mm vgt tuning right unless you have josh tune it. Unless you have the ability to have it live tuned.

Eric can tune the 68 powermax also. Josh had sent the info to eric a while back for guys running eric's tuning that want to run the 68mm powermax.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Eric can tune the 68 powermax also. Josh had sent the info to eric a while back for guys running eric's tuning that want to run the 68mm powermax.

This is true. We shared info with Eric. Thats why at this time we only recommend their tuning, ours, OR live tuning with it. It can be kind of fickle for some to tune from what I've heard.

Jared

motoxracer42

Reaction score
eric tuned my 68mm vgt years ago. he has no problem tuning them. Not sure how much different this charger is than the Vgt HO that i had but i could never even think about towing a gooseneck. Im not trying to bash but i remember rcd telling people that they could tow easily with a 66mm non vgt. Is this one of those times? Thats alot of wheel to turn. Again im not trying to start something but before people go and spend 2500 on a turbo, they need to know exactly what they are getting.

windrunner408

Reaction score
eric tuned my 68mm vgt years ago. he has no problem tuning them. Not sure how much different this charger is than the Vgt HO that i had but i could never even think about towing a gooseneck. Im not trying to bash but i remember rcd telling people that they could tow easily with a 66mm non vgt. Is this one of those times? Thats alot of wheel to turn. Again im not trying to start something but before people go and spend 2500 on a turbo, they need to know exactly what they are getting.

Amen:whs:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

The idiot that made "a similiar statement" has been gone from the company for over 1 1/2 years and replaced by a much more knowledgeable representative. The customer involved also insisted on doing a 66mm turbocharger vs something else. He came down here with a plan, and "heard what he wanted to hear about the situation." His response was, Ill just spray water meth to balance out the temps with the 225's!. WRONG! But thats off topic, back to the 68mm..

This turbocharger is a local favorite, and we have TONS of them out and moving, they are just getting popular wide scale, mainly because outside of the website, Josh doesnt do much advertising up till now. Thats what I'm here for..

Ive driven many 68mm trucks, and they are street monsters. I've got quite a few of my personal customers running 155's with a 68mm and having amazing towing. There are also quite a few gentlemen out there running 68mm's with 180's and towing, and they love it.

Then you get guys like Jake Kelly, 205's with a 68mm.. and still towing. Kid has definitely got balls, but he says its possible to tow, and he does it. That says something right there. I dont think I would personally do it, but I'm a sissy about that kind of stuff :pointlaugh:

Josh's modded powermax is a great idea, that is a very respectable friendly mannered charger for universal use. I for one, wouldnt be afraid to hop in a truck with a 68mm & 180's and deliver a load of hay just like I do with my truck with tow powers and 110's..

Thanks!

Jared

strokin6L

Reaction score
Jared, how is the throttle response/lag with the 68mm powermax with like a set of 190/75's compared to a 64/71/70 with 190/75's? Just curious cause my 64/71/70 with my casserly 190/75's run pretty good without too much lag.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Jared, how is the throttle response/lag with the 68mm powermax with like a set of 190/75's compared to a 64/71/70 with 190/75's? Just curious cause my 64/71/70 with my casserly 190/75's run pretty good without too much lag.

Great example. My 05 I sold about 3 months back was a 64/71 .70 gated with 190/75%'s. My good friend Kyle had an IDENTICAL regular cab as mine (different color only). Daily driving Kyle's truck was a BLAST. Lit about like a stock truck compared to mine, although in a race, Kyle pulled on me early, but top end power was in my favor. Mind you both trucks had ported heads, valvesprings, cam, built trans, ult converters. IDENTICAL trucks. For driveability, 68mm hands down!

strokin6L

Reaction score
So your 05 6L setup was like mine and your buddy's truck had the 68mm powermax. I like how my 64mm pulls on the top end...not sure if i'd sacrafice losing some topend power for a little more response. Do you think it'd be worth it Jared?

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I know mine turned really hard up top. But I think the cam attributed to it heavily. Honestly, if I get another 6.0, it will get a 68mm PMaxx & 185's, hands down. The guy who hauls grain for me in the fall is getting ready to do the same set up. Its just the perfect street truck combination.

Jared

strokin6L

Reaction score
Thanks for the info jared. How do you think both of them will differ Hp wise with 190/75's? Do you think the 68mm powermax and a 64/71/70 will be in the same ball park hp wise?

imelmo

Reaction score
Sounds like it may be the hybrid 238 injector/38r turbo combo of the 6.0 world.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Thanks for the info jared. How do you think both of them will differ Hp wise with 190/75's? Do you think the 68mm powermax and a 64/71/70 will be in the same ball park hp wise?

Id think pretty similar numbers would be achieved. Im sure the power curve's would be very very different though!

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score

From seeing this turbo on my brothers truck i would not be scared to tow anything with this charger, it lights like a stock chrger and pulls like a s300. Ive seen him pull everything from tractors to trucks and temps stayed in check. Now if your not smart when towing i could see somthing get tore up but that goes with any mods.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
I mean the egt temps wouldnt get over 1,300 when towing with 205s, But the truck was in a tow tune that was built specificly for his truck.

Latest posts

Members online