Issues with Ford supplied HPFP's?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Did a complete and running engine in December. Truck came back with bad fuel system, yes all prior fuel system precautions were taken.

Performed the fuel system job with Ford supplied parts, Yes everything was changed/flushed/bled...

Now it's back making 1100 psi and no start.

Does anyone know whose supplying them to Ford?

sootie

Reaction score
Bosch

Take note of the country of manufacture. They make them at plants in Germany, Austria, Turkey and Cech Republic. Curious if there is a trend

superpsd

Reaction score
Yep CP pumps are bosch same pumps used on all of the big 3s diesel trucks. Ford and Dodge are still using Bosch injection systems and GM went with Denso injection parts starting with the L5P in 2017. GMs denso injectors are solenoid injectors vs the piezo bosch injectors used in the Ford and Ram trucks.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We are in the 6.4 section, not sure if you guys saw that.

Didn't know Bosch was redoing Siemens pumps....

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You're ****ing kidding me......

Alright, well since ford6only pays us 75% of labor I'm dropping this one off with them. F them, they can eat it this time.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I really wish someone else Would offer complete and running 6.4s.... I'm getting so sick and tired of Ford... Last 4 years we've had nightmare warranty stories.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I really wish someone else Would offer complete and running 6.4s.... I'm getting so sick and tired of Ford... Last 4 years we've had nightmare warranty stories.

alliant is supposed to be better, but I have heard of them being spotty aswell but they seem to have a better track record.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We sell Alliant and I've yet to have an issue, and I've seen very very few come across the counter for warranty and you can bet more than half are cause user error

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Hehe... I figured.... I gots me another CP4 job in my shop right now... Be the 12th this year I think

superpsd

Reaction score
We are in the 6.4 section, not sure if you guys saw that.

Didn't know Bosch was redoing Siemens pumps....

Whoops that is correct sorry Siemens on the 6.4 forgot about that as I dont own a 6.4 and never will. The cummins crowd has a kit to retrofit a HP4 desno pump from the L5P Duramax. Too bad they didn't have that for the 6.4.

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
What about the RAE? pumps? Has this been within a certain timeframe for comebacks?

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Throwing in my .02 here. Have done some reading before on K16s and the remanufacturing process. If its true Alliant just reboxes Fords reman pumps and turns a profit. But neither of them actually reman them. Continental(who purchased Siemens) does the remanufacturing. Some other options might be Industrial Injection who builds them in house and upgrades such as DLC parts. But not everyone likes their work so take it with a grain of salt. Also have read a guy before who rebuilt his own. Was able to find the manufacturer of parts for the K16, got new things such as a PCV and VCV, internals etc. I think with the tools it cost him $800. Might be worth looking into if you frequent this work.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Right this second I'm going to go with no..... But I should have the answer soon

Latest posts

Members online