RSK shocks?

zilla68

Reaction score
I'll know when everything shows up, I might have a pile of **** I can't use, then I'll go another direction. I was trying to round up all the parts in a hurry so I can be done with this stage and move onto the injectors, turbo, and boxes of other crap cluttering my overstuffed garage, lol.

Once it all shows up I'll know a little more.
The links were ordered because I read a couple guys used the rear links up front fine, so if they work, great, if not I'll replace the rears with these, and order more.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Anyone know if I can use the Rear SD Spring & Shackle and just drill out the hangers to the factory SD bolt size?

old man dave

Reaction score
I'm not sure that the rear sway bar links are going to be long enough for the RSK & SD spring. The stock front link available on Napa website is 291mm long or ~ 11.5". I just looked at my truck and that seems to be a fairly accurate number. The rear sway links looked to be maybe an inch longer, and while Napa doesn't list one for 168" wheelbase the one listed for a 155" WB is only 323mm long (12.75").

If the RSK is 2.25" lift, and a SD leaf is an extra 1-1.5" wouldn't that neccesitate the use of the Skyjacker 3-4" additional length extended end link?

Please don't think that I am trying to be nit-picky; it seems that there are several of us doing this mod in the very near future, and while try as I might I have not found a complete parts list anywhere. Hopefully we can compile something that fits the bill by comparing ideas.

I believe it was Bradbilt who used the rear links in the front with a low lift RSK. PM him to be sure.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Anyone know if I can use the Rear SD Spring & Shackle and just drill out the hangers to the factory SD bolt size?

Did some more reading over the weekend, some said that the SD shackle fit but was tight, others said it was too big to fit. Anyone ever swap the SD Rear spring hanger into the OBS? I took a look at mine and while it is still solid there is quite a bit of rust, I'm sure I will eventually have to replace it; so I'm thinking 2 birds, 1 stone - replace with SD rear hanger. A quick look at my buddy's 2003 says that they might use the same hole pattern.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Did some more reading over the weekend, some said that the SD shackle fit but was tight, others said it was too big to fit. Anyone ever swap the SD Rear spring hanger into the OBS? I took a look at mine and while it is still solid there is quite a bit of rust, I'm sure I will eventually have to replace it; so I'm thinking 2 birds, 1 stone - replace with SD rear hanger. A quick look at my buddy's 2003 says that they might use the same hole pattern.

I took some measurements and it looks like the bottom 2 bolts are spaced about .25" wider, while the top 2 bolts are spaced about .5" wider on the SD hanger. Vertically they are equally spaced. If someone else has the means to cross-check my results I'd appreciate it. Can anyone recall anyone else installing the SD hanger on an OBS?

I tried some google searches and didn't turn up anything.

Tom S

Reaction score
I have a SD shackle on mine. It takes some custom fitting to make it work. I think my pictures are on PSN. I do not remember anyone switching to SD hangers right off.

zilla68

Reaction score
well the extensions are completely wrong, on my rear swaybar set up they are straight and the ones I got from sunrise are all bent up (supposed to be) so not sure where the disconnect is, they sure looked straight in the pics he posted.

also, I'm hoping my ubolts will work, they sure do look like they are going to be too long,

Strokersace

Reaction score
I have a SD shackle on mine. It takes some custom fitting to make it work. I think my pictures are on PSN. I do not remember anyone switching to SD hangers right off.

Frank the Tank swapped the SD hangers but that was because his were all rusted out.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
well the extensions are completely wrong, on my rear swaybar set up they are straight and the ones I got from sunrise are all bent up (supposed to be) so not sure where the disconnect is, they sure looked straight in the pics he posted.

also, I'm hoping my ubolts will work, they sure do look like they are going to be too long,

Chris, not sure if it helps I just ordered E0TZ5K484B from green parts sales, they were $19 plus shipping. They showed 6 in stock, I ordered 2. I should know in a couple of days if it's the right one lol.

zilla68

Reaction score
I think that is what I ordered also.
if you look at the blow up sunrise posted, it showes 5k484 and I got apparently the wrong ones, so I just ordered the skyjacker ones today.
I think I got too long of ubolts also, like I said I may have a pile of junk left over I can't use.

zilla68

Reaction score
I just found a pick of yours and it looks like the right one. let me know if its right and I'll see how my skyjackers look when they come in.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Link breakdown

I was at my local dealership today picking up my new sets of springs and asked the parts guy for some help with obsolete partno. I told him I knew he couldn't order it and wanted to check the vintage parts houses. Attached is the printout he gave men looks like there are actually 3 different partno's that were used. -B is for the 4x4 non can'n chassis trucks. I'll put up a picture at the end and let you know how it looks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38

zilla68

Reaction score
after crawling around under my truck last nite doing the brake line swap, I think I already have the rear ones installed, they look identical, guess I'll know when my others come in, but they are pretty dang long already and oem ford ones.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
They look like they are about an inch longer than the factory rear links. I still haven't received my links, but got the rsk, track bar, brake lines and ubolts ordered from PMF today. I'm targeting the 2nd week in May to install all this, rebuild front axle and entire break system. Going to be lots of fun.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Got the links today, will get a picture up this evening. Quick glance looks like the skyjacker links position the bushings and bar about 1/2" lower than the factory rear links.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Looks like the skyjacker link positions the top washer about an inch lower towards the ground than the stock rear link would; here is a picture. I think either link will probably work. I'm going to try and use this link with a v code spring up front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48