F7TE-19E708-BA (engineering number)
F7TZ-19E708-BA (Ford part number)

P/S Reservoir
F7UZ-3A697-AB

Reservoir bracket
F7UZ-3490-AB

Billy T.
[email protected]

Hopefully this is the right pulley, it matches the engineering number Billy T. posted. For those of you that have done this mod, does it look correct in my pics? I didn’t have my calipers on me to take an accurate measurement.

I have the pump, bracket and 🤞, the pulley. Now to to work on the hoses.

Thanks.

Rusty

Attachments

• ECBB89B1-18BD-47E5-B7BB-8239E5A78455.jpg
    ECBB89B1-18BD-47E5-B7BB-8239E5A78455.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 9E3893FC-09B6-442A-B69A-9383952868A9.jpg
    9E3893FC-09B6-442A-B69A-9383952868A9.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 4F79D589-1556-4A48-A979-0ADCBED9C662.jpg
    4F79D589-1556-4A48-A979-0ADCBED9C662.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 143

TexasJ

Reaction score
6.0 power steering pump upgrade

Hey guys, I started a thread asking for help with a saginaw pump upgrade and was directed here by another member. This looks like an even better alternative. I have been reading through the thread and just wondering if anybody has a bracket, pump, and/or pulley they'd be willing to sell. If not I guess I'll be watching ebay too! Lol

Reaction score
Peroni, Got4Wd, you guys keep me motivated (or buried)

Love this. Now can we take it a step further? Are any of the newer steering boxes an improvement?
I deal with Straightline Steering in San Jose, they do custom rebuilds kind of like Red Head, just don't have time for marketing, catchy name etc. They do my big Sheppard and TRW Ross steering boxes on the refuse trucks. He is on the fence on weather the 2 newer version of boxes since ours are much better but do have bigger mounting bolts and thicker pitman shaft.

Any thoughts on putting a later model steering box in?

JCart

Reaction score
Sigh...... TOTALLY, ^^^^ Nail on head Garbage Mechanic, for me it’s more buried, fawk. Thanks though guys for keeping me thinking I’m catchin up with the mods. Man retired with lotto winnings, would be handy in an attempt to keep up.... hav’ta be BIG winnings though. : )

Maniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Peroni, where did you find the specs for each P/S pump? I've found an HBC-JG and the HBC-MX for about a $6 difference but not sure of internal differences.

TexasJ

Reaction score
Source for pulley

Hey guys, I have found a source where you can get the pulleys for this swap. I managed to find one of the original ford pulley's, and before I put it on the pump I went to my local cnc machine shop so they could mic it out and make copies. I had them make two additional pulleys for me (I like to have backups) and I asked them to keep the measurements on file so they can make more in the future. It wasn't cheap, but if any of you want to do this swap and can't find the pulley's at the junkyard feel free to give them a call and they can make them for you. You don't even have to send them an original to replicate because they already have the measurements on file from me. It's Pressworks Maximum in Forney, TX. (30 minutes east of Dallas) Call 972-564-4229 and ask for the power steering pulley, the phone will ring through to Amy 24hrs. They do a lot of small orders for obsolete parts so they can do other stuff too if you send them an original to measure. I'll post pics of the finished pulleys too.

P.S. I'm not making anything off of this, just wanted to help them out by helping you guys out.

Attachments

• 20181002_110554.jpg
    20181002_110554.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 127

rusty1161

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have found a source where you can get the pulleys for this swap. I managed to find one of the original ford pulley's, and before I put it on the pump I went to my local cnc machine shop so they could mic it out and make copies. I had them make two additional pulleys for me (I like to have backups) and I asked them to keep the measurements on file so they can make more in the future. It wasn't cheap, but if any of you want to do this swap and can't find the pulley's at the junkyard feel free to give them a call and they can make them for you. You don't even have to send them an original to replicate because they already have the measurements on file from me. It's Pressworks Maximum in Forney, TX. (30 minutes east of Dallas) Call 972-564-4229 and ask for the power steering pulley, the phone will ring through to Amy 24hrs. They do a lot of small orders for obsolete parts so they can do other stuff too if you send them an original to measure. I'll post pics of the finished pulleys too.

P.S. I'm not making anything off of this, just wanted to help them out by helping you guys out.

That’s pretty sweet. Nice work.

Rusty

TexasJ

Reaction score
Finished

Here's a few pics of my finished swap. I don't have hydroboost so I welded a custom bracket for the resevoir and mounted it next to the ac compressor. My local Napa store was set up to custom crimp hoses so I just ordered a new hose and had them cut the end off and re connect it at the correct angle to fit the pump. Everything went together really nicely. Big thanks to Got4wd for all his help!

Attachments

• 20181010_140724.jpg
    20181010_140724.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 193
  • 20181007_123555.jpg
    20181007_123555.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 191

rusty1161

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my finished swap. I don't have hydroboost so I welded a custom bracket for the resevoir and mounted it next to the ac compressor. My local Napa store was set up to custom crimp hoses so I just ordered a new hose and had them cut the end off and re connect it at the correct angle to fit the pump. Everything went together really nicely. Big thanks to Got4wd for all his help!

Nice work!

Rusty

m_j

Reaction score
does anyone have the bracket available for sale? looks like $260 plus shipping for new from ford

Peroni

Reaction score
Wanted to update this thread with a change I made concerning the p/s reservoir. The one I custom made worked well but was just too far from the pump and resulted in a loud buzzing or hum in the cab. Looking things over the only real alternative was to mount something next to the a/c compressor.

This go round I ordered a custom reservoir from Lee Power Steering. I made a simple clamp to hold the reservoir securely and permitted adjustment in both height and rotation. Lee mades a nice reservoir, the only thing I wish they did differently was offer female ORB ports for the return lines. I could have used much more compact fittings than female JIC swivels. Might make my own reservoir to incorporate that someday but for now this one works perfect.

CsMgLQ8.jpg

I ended up with a much shorter feed line to the pump. Not 100% happy with it yet as the angle of the pump inlet is just not in the right spot, even after rotating it up near vertical it still isn't quite right. Problem is too tight of a bend radius required, had to put a spring in the line so it wouldn't collapse. I'll end up making a custom fitting for the reservoir that will allow for a short straight section of hose to work.

End result is a power steering system that is totally silent both inside and outside of the cab. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online