6.4L Excursion conversion

jdgleason

Reaction score
I just plan on teeing into the the existing 6.4 lines, the same basic way it's done originally, but a few different bends.

Just to clarify what "few different bends" means:

5uqune2e.jpg

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
This will be sweet!!!

I am working on the ground work to do the same to my excursion but I am using a 7.3 to make the project a lot easier. I have a wrecked white ex cab in my shop now to strip down to do the conversion.

Going to follow this to see if I missed anything in my planning but prob will not be starting my project for a few more months.

HD F250

Reaction score
I agree with JD, roof AC would make it a winner as long as it's PTM. LOL

Very cool, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Wayne

Reaction score
Wayne are you interested in parting out the 6.4 donor?

Yeah, but not sure what I'll have left just yet. When I do, I'll do a separate thread, and post a link here. A lot of it depends on what happens with my truck in the near future. I'm sending it down the road, and certain aspects of it are going back to stockish. I may save some cool parts from it for the excursion. Others may or may not be sold. Just how it works out is very much up in the air at this point. I've lost interest in the truck, mostly due go how hard the oilfield lifestyle is on vehicles, so it mostly stays parked. I'm really wanting a studded 6.0 I can ride hard, and feel okay about putting away wet. Buford is just too nice of a truck for that IMO.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
This is a cool project you have going and you will need it with all your family. When are you hoping to have it done by?

Wayne

Reaction score
Seth: Why are you using the '05-'07 frame horns? I figure you would do a 6.4 or 6.7 frame horn deal to fit the newer front clip. the '05+ suspension will bolt right up to your existing frame if that's the goal. On the exhaust, I will likely do a 5" system designed for the truck. I will have a lot more room behind the rear axle than the average excursion as the RR shock will be in front of the axle instead of behind it.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Actually just building a 07 F250 ec/sb 7.3 6sp out of the frame.

I wanted to post a few pics and then compare when you do your conversion to the 08 frame.

To much sh!t to work on and not enough time. :doh: