6.4L Excursion conversion

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks. I think/hope it will. Here shortly I will need to get the bumpers powder coated white, so when I paint them pearl and it chips, it will only expose the white instead of bare metal underneath.

My '08 rear bumper needs some work, and the original has backup sensors which I'm not a fan of. Do you guys think I should fix up the '08 bumper, stock style excursion bumper, or something aftermarket? Keep in mind it needs to look good with a stock ptm front bumper.

sootie

Reaction score
i think the 08 rear bumper would fit the theme well, also hardly anyone ever does it.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for the input fellas. Looks like I will be buying a new top pad, and one side plate to get my stock bumper up to par.

05dieselex

Reaction score
Hey fordman, put up a pick of that rear bumper on the excursion I you can. Curious to see how it looks.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my 04x with an 08 bumper.

A26B-0334DBD5BD8A-255-00000030D8F70599_zps1c6b4940.jpg

Hey fordman, put up a pick of that rear bumper on the excursion I you can. Curious to see how it looks.

Wayne

Reaction score
They're the same lights as in the van. Sure, it could be done, but I don't have the ambition. We could put new van lights in, or aftermarket ones. New factory van lights look pretty much identical to what I have now. Probably just gonna smoke them a bit, but keep the reverse sections clear.

Wayne

Reaction score
We'll call this a "lack of progress" update. I finally got my red truck 100% ready to sell, so that's not requiring any of my spare time. My work pickup ('96 GMC 1/2 ton) runs like it should now I rebuilt the trans, and fixed a whole list of neglect induced problems. Now I just need a dang excursion frame. I'm having issues getting a hold of the one I had planned on using, and it may not even be a possibility at this point. If this messing around waiting for other people continues I might just buy a wrecked excursion, and build off of it. At least that way I won't be taking the wife's ride while I'm working on it. That being the case, the project is on a bit of a hold until I figure out the frame deal. I will post more when I finally cross that bridge.

co04cobra

Reaction score
We'll call this a "lack of progress" update. I finally got my red truck 100% ready to sell, so that's not requiring any of my spare time. My work pickup ('96 GMC 1/2 ton) runs like it should now I rebuilt the trans, and fixed a whole list of neglect induced problems. Now I just need a dang excursion frame. I'm having issues getting a hold of the one I had planned on using, and it may not even be a possibility at this point. If this messing around waiting for other people continues I might just buy a wrecked excursion, and build off of it. At least that way I won't be taking the wife's ride while I'm working on it. That being the case, the project is on a bit of a hold until I figure out the frame deal. I will post more when I finally cross that bridge.

I know a guy with some parts Excursions. :thumbsup: