Door Panel

01platinum

Reaction score
I am trying to find out where can you get a new map pocket. I think that is what it is called. The door on my truck has two pockets on the door and the bottom one has broke off. I have tried to reinstall it multiple times and it keeps falling off. Where can I buy a new one that will install correctly? Or does anybody have any ideas how to install the old one so that it won't fall off anymore.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Keanoknick

Reaction score
What have you used to try to reinstall it?

I would recommend some Heavy CA glue, with a spray can kicker to make it set fast. It's basically a very thick super glue, and an aerosol catalyst that causes it to set almost instantly, you should be able to find it at any good Hobby store, like Hobby Town USA or others.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
Oh yeah, just make sure you prep the surfaces REALLY well, free of all oil, grease, dirt, etc... Also be careful with the CA glue, it is some strong stuff, will bond to skin instantly.

01platinum

Reaction score
Cool thanks I will try this Friday after I get the truck cleaned. That way hopefully it will stay on for the car show Saturday.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Keanoknick

Reaction score
Forgot this, CA glue is a generic term not a brand name, it stands for Cyanoacrylate glue. and it comes in different viscosity, I think the thick/heavy will work best for you, then buy the appropriate kicker (catalyst) for whatever brand you buy. You can do it without the kicker, but it takes a while for it to set, the thicker the glue is, the longer it will take to set, spraying the aerosol kicker on it, causes it to set very rapidly, instantly if your using a thinner glue.

Let me know how it works out for ya.

Latest posts

Members online