Hoping to install e-fuel quickly

bluedge8

Reaction score
So I need to get my e-fuel going by Wed night. I am leaving for a atv trip and was planning on pulling tandem but the truck fell on it's face on the way home with the 5th wheel. I checked fuel pressure and it drops to 36 psi when I power brake the motor.

I have the following parts:
SD electric fuel pump with wiring harness
reg return kit I bought from PSD Eng
with 2 filter bases
fuel lab fuel pressure regulator and hoses
misc hoses.

1st question is how to get hose adapted onto the SD pump

2nd question is what style hoses go on the filter bases, pictures coming in next post.

3rd question is can I run all of this ahead of the fuel selector valve and keep both tanks.

thanks for any help

bluedge8

Reaction score
3384f782dc3c9f2b35bb85e0d4370ee1.jpg
adca6de4a302a77e9c0e7396c7624e69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bens

Reaction score
#1 ive used compression fittings
#2 push lock hose
#3 yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Strictly diesel has some nice gates hose. The gates stuff they have has an extra layer of nylon I believe that would be good for rubbing. I bought some high temperature 836-8 (1/2") from the local parker store. 3/8 would be 836-6.

ghohouston

Reaction score
You can run it ahead or before the selector valve, i ran mine ahead of the selector valve, basically between the 2 drivers doors, and bolted it to a crossmember. I would suggest filters before the selector valve incase trash/ rubber pickup foot gets sucked up. Ford wants upwards of $400 for the valve iirc. I bought one a year or 2 ago. I pulled everything off a super duty truck, for cheap cost, and ease of installation. Sd fuel bowl, hpop res, lines to heads from bowl, and the quick connect lines that run up the side of the motor, they connect right into the obs lines that come up the frame. I went with a riff raff frx to get rid of the deadhead layout. I just cut the rubber factory obs fuel feed line, cut a few inches out of it to make up for the length of the pump, and use the good hose clamps that won't cut into the rubber, and just slid the rubber hose onto the fuel pump ends.

Last edited:

79jasper

Reaction score
1st question is how to get hose adapted onto the SD pump

2nd question is what style hoses go on the filter bases, pictures coming in next post.

3rd question is can I run all of this ahead of the fuel selector valve and keep both tanks.
1. I used a compression fitting with a hose barb, same hose barb as on your filters. So that's 2. Also. I would have to check the brand on hose, but it's made to be "clamp less." I guess those are called push-lock.
3. Yes. That's how mine is. But not without problems. I had to go in and change all the orings in the quick disconnects because once I installed the efuel, it was sucking air. So just be forwarned. Carry some extra hose incase you need to run straight from the tank sender into the fuel pump. (Or pre-filter)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
I'm getting the idea, does anyone have a pic of the compression fitting for the fuel pump?
I may just source push lock hose and see how it goes. Later tonight I'll search old diy e-fuel to give myself an idea of how it works.

So it should be:
Feed out of the selector valve to inlet of pre filter
Pre filter to pump
Pump to post filter
Post filter to back of heads
Front of heads to regulator
Regulator to return line

Correct?

bluedge8

Reaction score
thanks, I think I'll be able to go and get pretty much everything I need. thanks for all the help guys. does my "flow chart" look right?

79jasper

Reaction score
Sounds right to me.
The compression fittings can be had at most any big box hardware store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bens

Reaction score
5/16" compression fittings iirc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
Pulling the mech pump, how do I retrieve the push rod, and what size frost plug fits it?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What kind of shape is the dipstick nut? You could get rod out of there.

Members online

No members online now.