2016 axle swap into 2002

Olepowerstroke

Reaction score
2016 axle swap into 2002 has anyone done it? Have a set and was wanting to fourlink the front of the truck but don't know about the abs sensors and how they'd work.

Olepowerstroke

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way around that? I think I should be able to at least use the front axle if not I'd assume

Zmann

Reaction score
no tone ring or send or sensor hole since the newer axle has 4 wheel ABS it picks up each wheel

I have not seen a work around but it shouldn't be impossible by any means

Betarocker

Reaction score
05 to 07 will certainly work, with possibly to 10.

Another option is to use 1" spacers on the rear and just keep what you have or change out the entire pumpkin from one to the other.

Olepowerstroke

Reaction score
I might try an have the housing drilled in the rear for sensor and put the tone ring on the ring on the ring gear possibly

scparrish

Reaction score
The upside to the 11 and up axles are the better axle shafts and bigger brakes. I didn't see it being worth the time and cost to have the housing machined and installing the tone ring. 05-10 swap right in. It would likely cost less to get an 05-10 than get the housing machined on the 2016.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Pretty sure the VSS harness is long enough to reach where the ABS sensor is on the wheel. Remove the wheel sensor and install the VSS. It appears to be the same sensor but have no idea if the tooth count is the same or in the same rato.

Altho look at high angle drive line, they sell an adaptor to go on the back of the T-case to mount a VSS on a tone ring around your drive shaft.

Latest posts

Members online