IDP Torq 2 Install with pics and review

2006.1f250

Reaction score
Got the torq2 installed yesterday. You can definetly feel the power increase. There's a fine line with throttle input and the torque management, though. All in all, I would say it was money well spent.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
me too I got a 6.7 to play with very nice truck just in stock form.
That's for sure. Even off the lot I was impressed.
Got the torq2 installed yesterday. You can definetly feel the power increase. There's a fine line with throttle input and the torque management, though. All in all, I would say it was money well spent.
That's great!! Glad you like. I'm loving mine!
Keep us posted on MPG.

I'm up to 17.2 around town hand calculated. Started around 15.3.

Klutch

Reaction score
Just took mine out with the torq2 and the power is noticeable. From the lowest setting to the highest, it's pretty close to 1.5 seconds faster from 0-60mph, and I'm not sure the lowest setting of the dial is at stock level or not, maybe Eric could answer. Also the instruction said nothing about removing the little white plastic cover inside the factory plug. I had to remove mine as it would not plug into the torq2 harness with it on.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Just took mine out with the torq2 and the power is noticeable. From the lowest setting to the highest, it's pretty close to 1.5 seconds faster from 0-60mph, and I'm not sure the lowest setting of the dial is at stock level or not, maybe Eric could answer. Also the instruction said nothing about removing the little white plastic cover inside the factory plug. I had to remove mine as it would not plug into the torq2 harness with it on.

Do you own a job1?
I didn't have the white cover you're speaking of, mine was out of the rail and into the harness.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
so how is this better and any different from the MP8 that TS offers?

Here's what Eric had to say to a similar question asked over there:

We have a custom built tune that will have trans tuning and allow the box to adjust power from a 380rwhp Tow program to as ~450rwhp Street only the fly.

There are multiple purposes of this module:

1. An excellent option for those concerned with warranty and/or deleted the DPF.

2. On the fly power changes with our custom tuning.

3. Operating dual high pressure pumps on the 6.7, 6.4, and hpop on the 6.0L.

4. We have a lot of other functions that will be released in the next few months related to speed limiter, tire size, EGR operation, etc. that can be adjusted externally with a few plugs.

Klutch

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfidel
The added power is nice, but what I am really after is fuel economy. What exactly does the box do, and is it proven to be 100% safe for my truck? The safety aspect of this box is what I want to hear about.

Thanks in advance.

The module was built from the ground up for mileage and a power adder. It definitely works and works much better than one would expect. I'll let the customers speak for mileage, but I've seen a minimum of 2mpg in testing. Highway, I've seen better results from customers.

The electronics doesn't simply manipulate a stock signal, it generates it's own curve for rail pressure. The added rail pressure add's power and mileage due to better atomization of fuel. The factory limits are not exceeded, which is why this box will throw no codes or lights. Due to the torque management, the curve is very complex. We spent months building the proper settings to work with the various tolerances in the stock fuel system.

Not only is there an adjustable knob, but we have 5 different user settings that can be adjusted with dip switches. These are used to lower power/pressure slightly from the default. Once we test dual pump kits this box will work with them and also control them.

The Torq2 works awesome stand alone(simple install/uninstall as to not void warranty), but will also work with any tuning on the market. We have specific SCT custom tunes built to allow on the fly changes of about 50-70rwhp.

Thanks.