Painted Door Badges

Reaction score
What do you think?
006-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Reaction score
I scuffed them with a fine sanding pad, cleaned them, used some etch prime, then painted them. Nothing fancy, all rattle can stuff. This was really just a test to see how they would look. I picked up a set of them on ebay cheap, my chrome ones are still on my truck.

Spatel23

Reaction score
They look better than chrome ones for sure but I didnt think you would have badges at all once the look is complete to be honest

TripleE44

Reaction score
I think it could look pretty cool if you painted the lights and vents satin black. Maybe even the inner part of the grille. I'm assuming also you're going to do black wheels also. Although the cleanliness of no badges is always a good look.

Reaction score
Yeah I like no badges myself but I just wantedto see what this was going to look like cause I think its a decent looking badge to start with.

I will be doing my lights color matched to the truck, will be paintin the side vents silver/black, same as how my dually was just to match this truck. Wheels will be black, and will have a black mesh T Rex Grille light my dually.

6L strokin

Reaction score
i think it looks great! the main downfall imo of the badges is the stupid green leaf! that was my original plan was to take mine off and paint but when i was heating them up to pull them off Milt just grabbed it and yanked and bent the crap outta the first one so they got tossed LOL

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i bet it would look real cool if you left the power stroke chrome but painted the rest of it the semi gloss black

Pstroke96

Reaction score
use vasoline, or chap stick, put it over what you dont want to be painted, paint, let it dry and wipe it off. simple yet effective, and not nearly as time consuming

cfdeng7

Reaction score
use vasoline, or chap stick, put it over what you dont want to be painted, paint, let it dry and wipe it off. simple yet effective, and not nearly as time consuming

Ill have to keep that in mind... I've been thinking about color matching my ford emblem in the grill and keeping the letters chrome.

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
i think it looks great! the main downfall imo of the badges is the stupid green leaf! that was my original plan was to take mine off and paint but when i was heating them up to pull them off Milt just grabbed it and yanked and bent the crap outta the first one so they got tossed LOL

:bs: I gave you mine which you wanted to cut it down to just the letters powerstroke. Lol

Latest posts

Members online