Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Injectors are done. Pretty sure the first two I sent were the bad ones. New seals in all of them. Now gotta figure out how to pay the bill.
Got the black water sample kit. It'll be cold oil so hope that won't matter.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Magnum PD; said:
Injectors are done. Pretty sure the first two I sent were the bad ones. New seals in all of them. Now gotta figure out how to pay the bill.
Got the black water sample kit. It'll be cold oil so hope that won't matter.

Yeah buddy - the bill... about that lol. I wanna cry after I bought all the stuff from Corey:( it's okay my 7.3 is worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got injectors in, started, drove it several miles, still throwing code. Maybe getting worse. Wants to die sometimes and have no pedal. Not sure if it’s an electrical issue or mechanical.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
10 miles or so. Which gaskets are you asking about? Harness is from another truck after I thought the harness could be the problem. New ICP and IPR I could pull them to check them. The throttle pedal assemble couldn’t be a problem could it. I do have a crimped splice on it. There is about 500 psi or more difference than what the computer is seeing. Don’t know why

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
I wouldn’t think the pedal assembly is causing this. What brand of valve cover gaskets and inj harnesses are you using and also Icp and ipr? It usually take me a hundred miles or so to make sure all of the air is out.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
ICP is form riffraff. IPR is name brand. Valve cover gaskets are the updated one piece design. I could check for heat on manifold for each injector

co04cobra

Reaction score
ICP is form riffraff. IPR is name brand. Valve cover gaskets are the updated one piece design. I could check for heat on manifold for each injector

There is no "updated" one piece design. If you mean the all together 1 piece dorman ones or anything that is not Oem, change those ASAP!

79jasper

Reaction score
Yeah, Dormans are known to be bad at install, or shortly after.
Otoh, I have seen many claim they're great now. A couple even went as far to say they run shops and Dorman is all the install. Supposedly not one return.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
There is no "updated" one piece design. If you mean the all together 1 piece dorman ones or anything that is not Oem, change those ASAP!
This^^. I’ve seen and heard of many “injector” problems and when they change from the one piece dorman style to alliant or motorcraft then the so called injector problems go away. Not saying that’s your problem but I’d def change those out.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Welcome to psd. Drove today and half the bank took a ****. Should have replaced them long ago. Gotta buy new valve cover connectors $120, two new gaskets $100... uggggg

So yeah... I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Mines been down for almost a month. Just white smoke everywhere and I haven’t had time or space to work on it. Going to see about finding a garage I can use out of the weather but it’s a long shot. If it isn’t one thing it’s another.