F-Super Duty Transmission Crossmember

farmall16

Reaction score
I just bought a 1997 F-Super Duty with a 7.3L and ZF5. It has the transmission mounted parking brake. The truck had the transmission out of it when i bought it because the mainshaft was snapped off. I found a transmission for it and was making sure I had everything I needed. It’s missing the transmission crossmember. It has the brackets on the frame. I have a 4x4 ZF5 crossmember but it doesn’t fit. I thought it would fit because it’s a 4x4 transmission with the parking brake bolted to it. Can I use a 2WD ZF5 crossmember from a F250/F350 or is there a specific F-Super Duty crossmember?

Reaction score
I believe the F Superduty frame is 34" wide and pickups except cab and chassis are more like 36" I don't have anything to look at to help me visualize, but perhaps the cross member you have can be shortened to work?

farmall16

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the frames are the same width from the front to the end of the cab. Then the frame gets narrower on F350 cab and chassis and F-Super Duty.The cross members that I have seem to be the right width. I’m assuming a 2WD ZF5 crossmember is what I need.

Latest posts

Members online