Do these hpop's go out, or start to slowly die?

chaselee

Reaction score
Before you do anything, you need to know what the tunes are commanding. If the tunes are look for XXX HPO and the HPOP can't deliver, then the IPR % will increase to try to reach the value in the tune. Plus, if you have leak in the HPO system, that'll contribute to the low HPO.

Billy T.
[email protected]

You mean as far as the psi the tune is looking for?

chaselee

Reaction score

If I remember correctly from the conversation between my local shop owner and the tuner on the phone today he said 3400. As soon as I would roll into it, it would Spike to about 2600 then taper back off to about 2000. Meanwhile making a Max of about 19-20 psi of boost. I hope I am getting this info correct as I was letting the professionals talk.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
19-20lbs of boost is too low especially for SXE 64.5. Check for boost leaks (IC, plenums), bad gauge. Pressurize your intake system. I think you have another issue, not the HPOP.

I have a Pius built BW turbo which I think is a 64.5 pre SXE line and I could hit 35lbs with ease on my daily driver tune.

Billy T.
[email protected]

chaselee

Reaction score
19-20lbs of boost is too low especially for SXE 64.5. Check for boost leaks (IC, plenums), bad gauge. Pressurize your intake system. I think you have another issue, not the HPOP.

I have a Pius built BW turbo which I think is a 64.5 pre SXE line and I could hit 35lbs with ease on my daily driver tune.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Yes I understand. Everything you mentioned has been checked before this thread was started and my boost guage was dead nuts on with the laptop. I guess it reads off of the map sensor. And yes, before this started a couple days ago, I could hit about 32 psi all day.

chaselee

Reaction score
Well it did the same exact thing cold this morning on the way home from work, so it has people second guessing wether it's the pump at all...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
When you put the e fuel in, did you leave the selector valve? Did you get rid of any filters in the tanks? Were the tanks dropped at all?

The selector valve can get plugged and caus low fuel pressure, tanks delaminate and plug pick up screens, and well if there are filters in the senders, they get plugged too.

Have you checked fuel pressure?

chaselee

Reaction score
Well fellas...we found the culprit! Both tanks were dropped and cleaned not 6 months ago and they appeared to have been relined. Literally looked brand new inside. However, I don't have a fuel pressure guage inside so we taped the guage to the hood and went for a drive. Idle and normal driving it stayed @65 psi. Full throttle on the other hand it dropped to 0 until I would get out of the skinny pedal.

Went back to the shop and pulled the little screen that is pre filter on this irate system and this is what we found! Plugged with rust. This pic was after he had wiped it a couple times with his finger. Looks like tanks need to be dropped again to see what's going on. Truck runs great for now with a clean screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20180612_153431084.jpg
    IMG_20180612_153431084.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 41

chaselee

Reaction score
No doubt! I'm sure glad we decided to investigate further before spending that chunk.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Right on! Glad it was this simple. I don’t have them screens in mine.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

chaselee

Reaction score
Man I'm glad I do or my fuel pump would probably be trash because of the trash.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Your filter does a good job catching it all. At least mine does so i don’t know...

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Latest posts

Members online