wicked wheel

superBADduty

Reaction score
I've had the Wicked Wheel 2 in mine for almost a year and I love it. I have no complaints. There are plenty out there who like it too and just as many that like the single plane wheels that others make. And some who think its a waste of time and money.
But for me, I am happy with it and happy I did it.
I don't have any #'s or graphs to prove it's better than stock or someone else's, I just know my truck and it's all good.

prototypemo

Reaction score
Appreciate the info, and everyone is a critic but I'd rather drop 4 bills for a little boost, faster spool, and a little sexier sound than a ton on whole new set up. As I'm not trying to push crazy boost or anything stupid as I drive 1000 miles a week lol!

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
OP, you're not going to get any more sound, if you do its negligible and from the intake side of the turbo. Im going to guess you want the whistle? You may notice lower EGTs and that'll be it. Id go for a single plane wheel versus the dual, IMO.What year turbo is it going in?

6speedsd

Reaction score
I'm running one in my 05. No difference in sound... You get sound fom exhaust side...WW is intake side. There might have been a slight improvement in EGT's and spool up, but it's not much. Everyone claims the single plane is the way to go with a drop in wheel now. WW is dual plane.

Mine will be up for sale here within the next couple weeks if you want to try it out (if you have a 2004.5-2007 truck). I'll make someone a decent deal on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prototypemo

Reaction score
ive got an 05 6.0 or to be technical its an 04.5. and im mainly looking for a quicker spool. as for sound my buddies 6.7 sounds like pure sex and im looking for more along that line, and yes i know thats a twin that is internally waste gated, but he is deleted, tuned and has a 5 inch turbo back. Im not really sure which way to go as turbos have never been my thing and I know jack **** about the 6.0. This is a learning curve for me all the way around and am gathering as much info as i can.

some info, i am thinking of going a 4 inch turbo back, sct tuner, upgrade wheel, blue spring, air dog, coolant filter, some other odds and ends and the rest is mainly suspension and steering upgrades as ive already got a 6in lift on her. personal opinions on anything? oh and of course new breather

6speedsd

Reaction score
AirDog isn't necessary for stock injectors. Besides, air dog doesn't hold up very well on the 6.0....better options out there. A wheel change won't change your exhaust note. A straightpiped exhaust will give you the sound you are looking for. About the only sound difference you'll get from a turbo is switching to a 03 style...whistles like a friggen jet. Later models had more of a "vacuum cleaner" sound at idle. But get on any of them and the sound is just awesome. Straightpiped 6.0 is the best sounding out of them all IMO.

prototypemo

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the air dog. I'll keep looking, and what's the deal with the 03 turbo? I keep hearing people say that and can't actually find out why. Also in your opinion what size of straight pipe sounds best? I'm kind of digging the 4 inch

JGman141

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the air dog. I'll keep looking, and what's the deal with the 03 turbo? I keep hearing people say that and can't actually find out why. Also in your opinion what size of straight pipe sounds best? I'm kind of digging the 4 inch

03 turbos use a 10 blade turbine wheel instead of the 13 blade, and a straight pipe will give you the best sound.

6speedsd

Reaction score
03 turbos use a 10 blade turbine wheel instead of the 13 blade, and a straight pipe will give you the best sound.

This...

Some say 4", some say 5". Apples to oranges. I've ran both...5" might be just a little bit deeper. Not a ton of difference in sound.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
The 03 turbo will flow a bit more up top. Dont expect modded turbo flow, but for a stock turbo, it does help some up top.

prototypemo

Reaction score
Appreciate all the info guys! So now my game plan is a single plane billet drop in wheel with 4" straight pipe. And over time look for an 03 turbo then get a drop in wheel there too and then I'll be happy with that side of it

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Airdog has a few different setups. The AirDog 100 or 150 units work pretty good from my experiences. The AirDog II setups had some serious problems with pumps and wiring.

I'd be one to highly recommend using an AD100/150 on stock injectors even up to 150's.

chrischweiger

Reaction score
Got a WW2 in my 2001 7.3. Eliminated lag. Got a different tone from turbo. Lower max boost, but boosted earlier. Less smoke under load. Been a few extra mods since then. 4inch straight pipe. Superchip flashpaq. Intake mod. Runs like a bat outa hell. Pretty quick, run against a few cummins, and a chevy. No dmaxs in my area unless i jump to 2011's, so no game there. But i believe it was worth it.

JGman141

Reaction score
Got a WW2 in my 2001 7.3. Eliminated lag. Got a different tone from turbo. Lower max boost, but boosted earlier. Less smoke under load. Been a few extra mods since then. 4inch straight pipe. Superchip flashpaq. Intake mod. Runs like a bat outa hell. Pretty quick, run against a few cummins, and a chevy. No dmaxs in my area unless i jump to 2011's, so no game there. But i believe it was worth it.

They make a big difference in 7.3s but not so much in the 6.0

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
They make a big difference in 7.3s but not so much in the 6.0

zl8Be3w.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=a.409462302404630.111955.377778048906389&

We don't release a Wicked Wheel® 2 if the results are not so much...

(the gif is in fun, plz k)

Latest posts

Members online