Controlling WG's - Winter project!

Blowby

Reaction score
Needed something to work on this winter so I started on the removal of the mechanical regulators for my waste gates and on to electronic. Created the mount and snap in holders on the 3D printer to allow me to make changes on the fly. The snap in holders are press fit into location holes on the mount. I wanted to eliminate printing the features that have been proven and only print the areas that need additional iterations. The mount will be changed as I start to finalize the location.

12-14-11_011.jpg

The two 1/8 NPT female fittings will hold the MAP sensors for each WG. HP and LP will be controlled independently.

12-14-11_007.jpg

The two male fittings on the back will be seeing regulated high pressure from either my Nitrous bottle or CO2 on one fitting and the other fitting will provide pressure to a line leading to the fitting under the diaphragm of the HP WG. This will hold down the diaphragm using the solenoids per controller. I will keep it next to the WG's on the passengers side by the AC unit. More pictures to come as this progresses.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
Somebody's looking for a boost curve like this:

---------------------------------------------------------

Looking good Mike, I am hoping someday another truck will have the same type setup goin on it to :)

Blowby

Reaction score
I was trying to get as tight as possible but with the fittings available and the cost I went this way. I have already placed the unit in the intended position and I think it will fit perfectly. I should have some more pictures installed when I get back this weekend. Then off to the speed shop for the final lines to the WG's and manifold. The next few layers of this project will be wiring then programming the controller for two gates.

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I was trying to get as tight as possible but with the fittings available and the cost I went this way. I have already placed the unit in the intended position and I think it will fit perfectly. I should have some more pictures installed when I get back this weekend. Then off to the speed shop for the final lines to the WG's and manifold. The next few layers of this project will be wiring then programming the controller for two gates.

Yeah I hear ya, the fittings are pricy as all get out. That 3D printer had to be a pretty penny to but worth its weight in gold when you do custom stuff a lot.

Blowby

Reaction score
After thinking about the solinoids clicking at a very fast rate I decided to hang it with rubber isolation to the A/C line. The line will pass through the center of the mount. The loops will be on the engine side and the mount will be level and up against the passengers side panel. This way I can feed the HP air from under the dash on the pass side with a small bottle and the gates are right there. Short lines and sorted out to be clean looking.

Blowby

Reaction score
OK so I started to install the unit and decided I'll rebuild the hanging bracket so I can rotate it 180 degrees and move a few fittings for a shorter line length.
I'm not ready to plumb it (still driving it on a daily basis) until I finish the wiring but I did put it in place for now.

Sol-Pack1.jpg

Sol-Pack3.jpg

Blowby

Reaction score
Well I finished the hardware, hoses, harnesses and mounts for the controller. So now it's just running the looms on the pressure sensors and connecting wires and I should have it ready to start dialing it in. Only problem is I'll be out on a wifey trip until Sunday so this is as far as I was able to complete tonight. :toast:

Final-6.jpg

Final-3.jpg

New_mount_NLR-1.jpg

6-3-12_010.jpg

Latest posts

Members online