Block fill or fire rings??

superstroker99

Reaction score
Should i be worried about fire rings or block fill at my power level? I just blew a gasket and split my block open. wanna make sure it dont happen again

V-Ref

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your troubles.

Seems like lots of motors blowing up on the forums lately.

What were you doing when it broke? Assuming a head gasket?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Who tuned it. I don't know why you had block splitting power with a van turbo anyways. I would dig deeper on the cause before I just put things back together and went on my way.

On edit: You running compounds or is the s475 on a different truck?

Last edited:

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
you shouldn't have to worry about either with 250's in it. But since your in there, might as well do both and maybe a girdle. Just in case you decide to go bigger in the future

superstroker99

Reaction score
sorry i thought i changed my sig. This truck is running a single S475 boost was around 60psi at WOT. figured i wouldnt have a gasket problem with this power level, best i can tell it popped the gasket on the front cylinder and flooded the water jackets with compression and split he block open. never seen a head gasket do this between the freeze plugs, water hoses, heater core and rad looking like something else would give under the pressure befor the block would but oh well all i can do now is fix it.

superstroker99

Reaction score
Ported headss, 350/200 FFD injectors, S475 96mm 1.32 exhaust side T4 i made the up pipes and mount forged rods motor was punched .040 smith brothers PRODS comp 910 springs, I thought it would be fairly stout. No nitrous no water meth on it either

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
Man I hate to here that about your motor. I have had a block split but it was bc it spun a cam bearing and the bearing turned into a wedge and then split the block.

The motor I am putting together is going to have a partial fill, Fire rings and a girdle, But I have hopes for 600 HP +.

I would recommend doing them if you are going to make big power (600+). If not Head studs and a well build motor will last a long time.

JDub

Reaction score
I'm a strong proponent of doing everything you while you can. Always cheaper to do something right the first time then to go back and do it again a second.

superstroker99

Reaction score
as am I, a $1000 spent today can save $5000 tommorow. I just didnt think i would NEED all that. How much is a filled block gonna effect the street use of my truck?

Latest posts

Members online