All those from Montana... Post up!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Alright now it is time to see how many guys from PSA on from or live in Montana!!! So post up if you live here... And post the town (you dont have to) were you are from!!! you can put your name if you want to.. and tell us what you do..

I will start..

Howdy,

My friends call me David

I am in the north east corner of the state..

I work full time in construction.. We do just about everything but plumbing electrical and air duct (but we did the duct on one of the last jobs)
We mainly do commercial jobs, So i work with steel.. But I still prefer the good old feel of lumber in my hands..

Then as a hobby LOL Well I hope it will someday become my main income..
I run a SMALL herd (16 cows and 1 bull)of Black Angus cows.. I am looking to buy some red Angus cows sometime.. but with the price of beef right now. and the fact that bred heifers are selling for 1,600 to 2,000 dollars right now.. I think I will wait for a little bit.. The main reason my herd is not bigger is because of the price of land.. AND the fact that most people would rather break it up then run cows now...

I also like to play around with diesel engines... :D

well enough of my life for now.. now let hear about your!!!

hiniker88

Reaction score
no in laramie wyoming. just no jobs in that part of montana it seems anymore. i did work in miles city for a year i almost forgot haha

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
no in laramie wyoming. just no jobs in that part of montana it seems anymore. i did work in miles city for a year i almost forgot haha

OK. To bad you could not find work.. It's a preety sweet state if you ask me.. Montana is probably the closest you will get to Alaska, If you only stay in the lower 48..

caladash

Reaction score
Not from there but would love to move there! Open space and mountains. I would love for my boys to grow up on a farm like I have wanted to.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
ya i definately miss the mountains but not missoula at all. to many californians moving into that area

I love the mountain!! BUT I Like the Missouri River Breaks better.. I can still see a LONG way there!!!

Not from there but would love to move there! Open space and mountains. I would love for my boys to grow up on a farm like I have wanted to.

I love to be able to see a Long way.. And In Montana you get both that and The Mountains.. Very nice country for shore!!! Farm life is the best for raising Kids.. teaches them good work ethic and keep them out of the city's and out of trouble...

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Grew up in North Idaho, Moved to Helena when i was a freshman in HS back in 86. Went to school in Helena for a couple years, then we moved out of town and i transferred to Boulder. Once i graduated, i went to school in Miles city for a couple years, then transferred to Dillon for a semester. Got tired of school, joined the AIr Force and been in since 93. Got stationed in great Falls in 96 and left there in 99 when i got transferred to Alaska. Miss Montana a ton. i consider it home still. living in Spokane now

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Grew up in North Idaho, Moved to Helena when i was a freshman in HS back in 86. Went to school in Helena for a couple years, then we moved out of town and i transferred to Boulder. Once i graduated, i went to school in Miles city for a couple years, then transferred to Dillon for a semester. Got tired of school, joined the AIr Force and been in since 93. Got stationed in great Falls in 96 and left there in 99 when i got transferred to Alaska. Miss Montana a ton. i consider it home still. living in Spokane now

Thanks for posting!!! And thanks for your service for our country!!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
And my Dad is from the Northeast Corner of the state also, he grew up in Westby, but moved away when he was in high school. Lots of family in Reserve, Plentywood, Westby, etc

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
And my Dad is from the Northeast Corner of the state also, he grew up in Westby, but moved away when he was in high school. Lots of family in Reserve, Plentywood, Westby, etc

WOW.. this is a small world.. I am 25 miles from Plentywood, 16 miles from Westby, And 21 miles from Reserve.... I drive by Reserve 4 days out of the week on the way to work..

Do you know where Dagmar is?? Our Address is Dagmar.. But we are 9.5 miles from there.. We are only 3 miles cross country from Coleridge..

So very small world.. I might even know some of you Relatives!!! What is the last name?? That is if you dont mind giving it out over the web..

Jason

Reaction score
Man I would love to live in Montana, or have some land there as a summer getaway to escape the Texas heat. I've alwaysloved it up there, when I've been trucking in that area.

I remember stopping off I-90 to go pee, end of June, first of July, around 6 in the evening, and having to jump back in my truck to grab a sweatshirt before i could pee. It was awesome!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL it is scary warm out right now!!! We have really not had any winter to speak of yet.. It might wait till the middle of January and beginning of February to do anything to bad.. THEN -40 here we come!!! LOL This past April we had a blizzard that killed lot of Ranchers cows and calves.. Some lost there hole herd!!!

I love montana to.. It a Great place to live..

Jeremy

Reaction score
I'm from the south west cornor of the state. I moved to Utah after getting an engineering degree from Montana Tech. I'd love to move back, but there is'nt really any good jobs back home right now.

On the bright side I'm loading up the family and heading to the wife's families' cabin in Wisdom(aka the klondike) tomorrow for a week of screwing off. Which reminds me....I better get a little #1 diesel in dillon before I head up. Its always nice to go home.

hiniker88

Reaction score
I'm from the south west cornor of the state. I moved to Utah after getting an engineering degree from Montana Tech. I'd love to move back, but there is'nt really any good jobs back home right now.

On the bright side I'm loading up the family and heading to the wife's families' cabin in Wisdom(aka the klondike) tomorrow for a week of screwing off. Which reminds me....I better get a little #1 diesel in dillon before I head up. Its always nice to go home.

i love the wisdom/jackson area. went camping there all the time. covered alot of miles on the fourwheeler in those mountains

Jeremy

Reaction score
I agree, We always bring the four wheelers up and ride out from the cabin. There is a ton of good riding. Lots of hidden lakes.