Removing moving restrictions

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
Anyone find a way to remove moving restrictions on the sync 3? Forscan? Lockpick? I’d like to be able to use my camera while driving like my dad can in his dodge. And I’d like the sync 3 to not limit what I do when driving.

kleake

Reaction score
My son has an F150 with Sync 2 and can turn his cameras on anytime, I don't understand why the sync 3 you can't do this. I just bought a 2019 and already can't stand the way the camera switches back and forth as you are hooking up to a trailer. Backing up, I set the camera to zoom in to the gooseneck ball, pull forward a few feet to reposition and go back to reverse and have to re-select the bed camera, and then zoom in again. Why can't it just stay on what I last set, or at least give me the option to choose that in the settings.

PDT1081

Reaction score
My son has an F150 with Sync 2 and can turn his cameras on anytime, I don't understand why the sync 3 you can't do this. I just bought a 2019 and already can't stand the way the camera switches back and forth as you are hooking up to a trailer. Backing up, I set the camera to zoom in to the gooseneck ball, pull forward a few feet to reposition and go back to reverse and have to re-select the bed camera, and then zoom in again. Why can't it just stay on what I last set, or at least give me the option to choose that in the settings.

Check into the camera settings. Our 20 Explorer has a "camera delay" option when switching from reverse to drive. As long as you stay under a certain speed, the camera stays on.

kleake

Reaction score
Check into the camera settings. Our 20 Explorer has a "camera delay" option when switching from reverse to drive. As long as you stay under a certain speed, the camera stays on.

Did that, and when I move to the forward gear, the camera stays put until I move above 3 or 4mph, so all good there, but when I go back to reverse, it defaults back to the normal reverse camera which is the 360 with the tailgate as primary. It's a small thing, but it's a huge peeve when it takes 3 button presses to get back to the camera you was looking at just 5 seconds earlier.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.