Precision 6466 and Exergy 10mm pump

50_shooter

Reaction score
I did this turbo with dual fuel. Had trans done at same time. Drove it for 30k and burnt up turbo (my fault 100%). Decided to go with 6870 as a replacement, as it was a direct replacement. Drove just as good as the 64 and laid down 704 on the dyno. Put 100k on that setup until a plastic piece that holds pushrod failed and screwed up a bunch of stuff. Had it apart and mechanic said bottom end and cylinders looked like new.

97stoker350

Reaction score
I did this turbo with dual fuel. Had trans done at same time. Drove it for 30k and burnt up turbo (my fault 100%). Decided to go with 6870 as a replacement, as it was a direct replacement. Drove just as good as the 64 and laid down 704 on the dyno. Put 100k on that setup until a plastic piece that holds pushrod failed and screwed up a bunch of stuff. Had it apart and mechanic said bottom end and cylinders looked like new.

I love to hear that

97stoker350

Reaction score
Small update. Still in love. Asked for a tune with higher shift points bc the file that come with the 2200us tune is hot garbage. Wants to be in 6th at 35mph and it nearly shuts the truck down everytime it shifts. The new file is night and day better. Crispy shifts and actually utilizes all gears at appropriate speeds. Very pleased now

VickLagina

Reaction score
Small update. Still in love. Asked for a tune with higher shift points bc the file that come with the 2200us tune is hot garbage. Wants to be in 6th at 35mph and it nearly shuts the truck down everytime it shifts. The new file is night and day better. Crispy shifts and actually utilizes all gears at appropriate speeds. Very pleased now

How is your trans holding up?

My 13 is getting the 6466 and a 15 pump this week. Full NL piping kit and intake as well. Excited for my Precision to sing that sweet song as well..

97stoker350

Reaction score
How is your trans holding up?

My 13 is getting the 6466 and a 15 pump this week. Full NL piping kit and intake as well. Excited for my Precision to sing that sweet song as well..

I would say pretty well. I dont full throttle often because I like when my trans works but I give it the sauce pretty often and it makes it happen. Who's doing the tuning?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
I would say pretty well. I dont full throttle often because I like when my trans works but I give it the sauce pretty often and it makes it happen. Who's doing the tuning?

you know i have a solution for that:)

VickLagina

Reaction score

Some northern company. They sent me a bottle of maple syrup with the toons, though.

Any videos of your truck in action? Kinda wondering if I will regret going with a stock pump over a stroker but didn’t really wanna give it enough fuel to hurt itself (knock on wood)

It’s getting a 19 short block as well.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Oh in that case I woulda just got the stroker pump if I were you for sure. 17+ are way stronger than the older 6.7s from what I understand. I still don't think yours will be a slouch but even on the 2200us tune. My truck is very clean unless I just mat the throttle which in that case its filthy until it spools. Like I said the new trans tune with appropriate shift points makes this thing a blast now

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I would absolutely do a Stroker Pump. Even the 15+ pumps are extremely weak. When I had my 6.7 the most the stock 15 pump would hold was 1650us. After doing the Stroker I ended up settling at a 2200us as well and it was a world of different. Stock engine with a modified VGT charger. Did 667hp 1286ft lbs and 7.97 in the 8th. Loved every second of that truck with that setup.

VickLagina

Reaction score
Damn, that's what I figured but keeping the $1500 in my pocket was my main motivation for going with the 15 pump. Maybe just save some pennies and do a stroker down the road I suppose. I think it will still drive well on the 15 pump, though.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Thinking about getting more stupid with this thing. Might see what a trans and 6870 is like. Thoughts?

Or possibly throw some 45%s in it and get some numbers before and after...

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
My exergy 10mm won't hold my 45% past 1100us. And I'm not the only one with that problem either. I wouldn't do more than 30% on a 10mm

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

97stoker350

Reaction score
My exergy 10mm won't hold my 45% past 1100us. And I'm not the only one with that problem either. I wouldn't do more than 30% on a 10mm

Interesting... I saw that in your thread but thought that was a one off. Probably go with that first and a trans. Sootie I haven't forgot about you lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
Interesting... I saw that in your thread but thought that was a one off. Probably go with that first and a trans. Sootie I haven't forgot about you lol
Exergy just sent me my pump and injectors back too and everything checked out fine. I know 8 other people with 10mm exergy pumps that don't hold rail past 1100-1200us with injectors too so its not just me.

If you wanna make 800+ on a ford 6.7 imo you need twin pumps

Latest posts

Members online