Aftermarket radiator?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with aftermarket 6.0 radiators?
Seems ALL of them are 1/2 the thickness of oem.
Doesn't seem right but I can't find a full thickness radiator for a decent price.

Any thoughts? Do they work just as good?

gotchadollar

Reaction score
I’ve put performance radiator and advance auto parts radiators in and they’ve been descent, but like you said, half the thickness of OEM.
Anyone have experience with aftermarket 6.0 radiators?
Seems ALL of them are 1/2 the thickness of oem.
Doesn't seem right but I can't find a full thickness radiator for a decent price.

Any thoughts? Do they work just as good?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I believe Alradco was supposed to have an upgraded unit.
If the plastic is bad on your factory, maybe have someone tig weld some aluminum caps on it in place of the plastic. That might work?

Also I believe Mishimoto is supposed to have a thicker than OE unit now. I've been seeing some guys on the fabrication thread on cummins.org have good luck w/ fleabay radiators.

Last edited:

79jasper

Reaction score
I saw a thread where back in 16 someone had contacted the owner. He was having health issues, but getting better and launching a new website.
I would guess neither turned out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
I think they got in too deep and started having issues with the product longevity as well. Grew too fast for the size of the company basically.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
It is unfortunate when a business fails, especially considering the ford tanks do suck. It would have been nice to have options but if it was CQ I'd rather see the failure vs junk surviving the market. On a health side, hope he's alright.