Best injector for towing

cory99

Reaction score
Looking for reccomendations for injectors for my dads 6.0 I got 7.3s so this is all new to me. Truck keeps thrpwing P0266 and has stiction till warm as well as a miss most of the time as well. At 175k probably time for injectors anyways so gonna replace all of them. Truck is 06 6speed thats ******d and head studs. Past that I dont forsee him looking to upgrade turbo or fuel since its a work truck that pulls his fuel trailer daily. Plan on doing sct, blue spring and potentially regulated return. With that setup shoukd just stick with stock injectors or if upgrade what size that wont push turbo and fuel past its mimits and be reliable. Probably will go with Holders for injectors unless going stock then didnt know if new from pure flow was better route than motorcraft remans.

79jasper

Reaction score
For what he's doing, stock sized.
Imo, motorcraft or Warren.
And do all the updates while in there.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Zeb

Reaction score
Stock, or 155/stock nozzle are great for stock turbo and fuel system.
Make sure you use a genuine Motorcraft blue spring kit, and I highly recommend pulling the banjo bolts out of the front of the heads and gutting the check valves. That should be all the fuel system mods you need.
Warren’s get my vote for injectors.
As stated above, do the updated Motorcraft standpipes and dummy plugs while you’re in there.

cory99

Reaction score
Thanks was deabting about 155/0 or 155/0 origibally jist don't know if was really worth the bump from stock. Would hope previous owner did standpipe and dummy plugs when studded but will pick them up just to make sure before tearing open.

Zeb

Reaction score
155’s only take about an hour longer to build than a stock injector so the cost difference is negligible.
The biggest thing to keep in mind if you go to a 155 is you will have to get custom tuning for it to idle correctly. It is is like going from split shot to single shot injectors on a 7.3. It will run,but without tuning you’ll have a choppy idle when up to operating temp.

Latest posts

Members online