Wisconsin check in!

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'm still trying to find a half way decent place to paint my truck. Do any of you guys know any place, that's reasonable, does decent work, an isn't gonna take 3mths to do? All my metal is straight an rust free, the biggest hurdle is I'm going from black to two tone blue an I don't want it to look like $hit. After checking around I'm getting real close to saying *** it an spraying it myself

yeehaw

Reaction score
too bad your truck won't fit in my garage Dave, any body shop will take forever mostly because if you want the door jambs/underhood/between bed done there is just a ton of labor involved.

genuineford

Reaction score

davey99ps

Reaction score
too bad your truck won't fit in my garage Dave, any body shop will take forever mostly because if you want the door jambs/underhood/between bed done there is just a ton of labor involved.

I don't have the lift on yet if that makes any difference. Plus when Chase an me put the new box on, we used the new style bolts, so I can literally have the box off in 10min., plus my new fenders aren't hung on the truck yet.

davey99ps

Reaction score

davey99ps

Reaction score
Are you planning on running your E4od, or dodge trans? If you need any help with it when the time comes, let me know

genuineford

Reaction score
I am planning on running the Dodge trans and transfer case with a goerand built trans. I would like to find a truck with a 47RH in it.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I am planning on running the Dodge trans and transfer case with a goerand built trans. I would like to find a truck with a 47RH in it.

That's what I used in my 76 f250 an it worked great. Instead of buying a parts truck though, i spent alotta time on craigslist finding my parts. Having a parts truck to rob stuff off of does make it go quicker, but I think I saved $ by peicing mine together, it just took longer cuz I had to find everything

genuineford

Reaction score
Yeah the more I look around the more I think I may do that in the end. When I get some cash saved up I will probably look for an engine and pick that up. If for some reason I decided against the swap I can always sell the engine and recoup my money.

yeehaw

Reaction score
I don't have the lift on yet if that makes any difference. Plus when Chase an me put the new box on, we used the new style bolts, so I can literally have the box off in 10min., plus my new fenders aren't hung on the truck yet.

the length will be the issue, mine barely fit when we did it and since then we have added pallet racking in the rear so now mine won't even fit :fustrate:

and good to hear Steve!!

davey99ps

Reaction score
the length will be the issue, mine barely fit when we did it and since then we have added pallet racking in the rear so now mine won't even fit :fustrate:

and good to hear Steve!!

I have a heated shop at work that i can use as well. My biggest problem is I don't have really any experience with painting. I'd love to do it myself, just to be able to say I did, but I want it to look decent to. Every retired paint/body guy I've talked to about it keep telling me to do it myself cuz its so easy. There isn't any dents or rust on any of it, an I'm not looking for a show stopping paint job, I just want it to look somewhat factory when its done. Idk, guess I should do some more research an reading about it before I make a myself a mess of my truck