Rigid Lights

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
Might be getting a set of Dually fog lights to put in my front bumper.

I think the flood pattern would be best for my needs. I am pretty happy with the distance that my stock high beams go out so i don't really need a fog light in a spot pattern and i am looking to light up the sides of the road and the ditches more.

I also see that rigid offers a "diffused" light pattern as well. judging by the diagram on their site it looks to be even more of a "flood the front of the vehicle with light" pattern than even the flood pattern is. Has anybody used the diffused pattern lights?

Thanks for any input!

Reaction score
Diffused is nice but I think flood will be better for actual driving situations. Flood is something in the middle of Spot and Diffused.

If you havnt bought them, let me know and ill get you some pricing.

08Monster

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't buy rigids. Waaaaay too much. I bought the same thing for 1/3 the price. PM me for info if your interested

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

taterthedog

Reaction score
Lots of different options from sponsors of this site, Rigid or otherwise. Support them whenever possible.

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
yeah, rigid is expensive as heck. i did find that amazon sells a set of rigid dually fogs for like $180 shipped. i check the part number on rigid's site and everything lines up for it being a set of lights and not just one.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't buy rigids. Waaaaay too much. I bought the same thing for 1/3 the price. PM me for info if your interested

Just because you decided not to spend 'X' amount and buy a quality American made product with a limited lifetime warranty, and instead spend '1/3 X' on some POS fresh out of a Chinese sweatshop doesn't mean everyone else wants to.
And for the record, you didn't get the 'same thing'. If that's how you feel, I've got a box of Rolex watches here I'll sell you for $200 a piece.

sniper_101

Reaction score
There is no question that the knock off/non-Rigid brand lights aren't the same quality. My D2's are obviously Rigid brand, but my looks identical non-Rigid light bar is not. The quality is dead obvious looking at it and comparing light output. I wish I would have gotten the actual Rigid bar for twice as much as the knock off I got instead. There is a reason other companies try to imitate the Rigid bars, they're hands down the best, and worth it if you actually value light output and not just a cool looking light on your truck...

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Exactly.
I have Rigid D2's on my ATV that have been completely submerged more times than I can count, ran into trees/branches and had rocks pelted at them by riders in front of me. They still function exactly as they did when I bought them.
The rice-patty knockoffs that were on it when I bought it, on the other hand, gave me nothing but problems. Case was not sealed, which allowed water to enter every time I crossed a creak. They were constantly fogging. Lumen output and beam pattern was crap. Left light would flicker every time I hit a bump. Eventually the wiring shorted out and damn near caught my machine on fire.
Might work alright for a mall cruiser, but for me having a light that functions as it should is a necessity.

Snake

Reaction score
Might be getting a set of Dually fog lights to put in my front bumper.

I think the flood pattern would be best for my needs. I am pretty happy with the distance that my stock high beams go out so i don't really need a fog light in a spot pattern and i am looking to light up the sides of the road and the ditches more.

I also see that rigid offers a "diffused" light pattern as well. judging by the diagram on their site it looks to be even more of a "flood the front of the vehicle with light" pattern than even the flood pattern is. Has anybody used the diffused pattern lights?

Thanks for any input!

Diffused isn't going to throw enough light IMO. You'll want the flood pattern.

Diffused is nice but I think flood will be better for actual driving situations. Flood is something in the middle of Spot and Diffused.

If you havnt bought them, let me know and ill get you some pricing.

Just because you decided not to spend 'X' amount and buy a quality American made product with a limited lifetime warranty, and instead spend '1/3 X' on some POS fresh out of a Chinese sweatshop doesn't mean everyone else wants to.
And for the record, you didn't get the 'same thing'. If that's how you feel, I've got a box of Rolex watches here I'll sell you for $200 a piece.

Exactly

Snake

Reaction score
I think you'll be happy. The diffused lenses are great for things like back up lights......and possibly lights up front for slower moving vehicles.

zilla68

Reaction score

not everyone has rigid money to spend on lights. Yes rigid lights are great, lifetime warranty, but you have to remember that your also paying for the sponsorships they give out, the fancy website, the video's they produce etc. The end user that is actually buying their lights are paying for all this.

Lot's of guys have to make a choice between buying rigid and sitting home for a month or so, or buying a Chinese made light at a lessor price and still getting to ride/drive/trail ride whatever.
Rigid are great lights, but I don't believe they are 100% USA, although they are assembled in the USA.
I believe vision x or baja designs are the ones that are made 100% in the USA with no imported pieces, but I may be wrong.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
not everyone has rigid money to spend on lights. Yes rigid lights are great, lifetime warranty, but you have to remember that your also paying for the sponsorships they give out, the fancy website, the video's they produce etc. The end user that is actually buying their lights are paying for all this.

Lot's of guys have to make a choice between buying rigid and sitting home for a month or so, or buying a Chinese made light at a lessor price and still getting to ride/drive/trail ride whatever.
Rigid are great lights, but I don't believe they are 100% USA, although they are assembled in the USA.
I believe vision x or baja designs are the ones that are made 100% in the USA with no imported pieces, but I may be wrong.

Not saying everyone should own Rigid's, or that everyone even needs Rigid's.
But saying that you can get the exact same thing as Rigid's for 1/3 the price is complete bullchit.

zilla68

Reaction score
are they the exact same thing, NO, but are they close yes, are they worth the difference in price, all depends on the pocketbook

08Monster

Reaction score
I believe they are the same quality, same light output. I OWN BOTH!!! They look the exact same, but I paid 1/3 the price for the exact same thing. Made in Arkansas, USA. Both lifetime warranty, same light output. There is NO difference. Anyone that says different is an idiot that doesn't own both.

sniper_101

Reaction score
I believe they are the same quality, same light output. I OWN BOTH!!! They look the exact same, but I paid 1/3 the price for the exact same thing. Made in Arkansas, USA. Both lifetime warranty, same light output. There is NO difference. Anyone that says different is an idiot that doesn't own both.

Uhhh, okay. Thanks for your opinion.

neverkickn

Reaction score

Who is the manufacturer of the lights made in Arkansas?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score

Interested in buying those Rolex's I mentioned earlier? I give you best price.

But do go on, give us some specifics on these "American Made" lights you got for 1/3 the price.
By any chance the "Infamous" series from Precision Installs down in Van Buren, Arkansas?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online