2016 Project - 2015+ Turbo Bolt On Compound Kit - Midwest Diesel

E55rocket

Reaction score
:tree:
ea7687d79aa614442d7639a938ec331a.jpg

We finally had some time to work a little more with this thing after we finished up inventory last week

Got the PTP Lava Blankets in for the kits, which looks great on there, after a nice spirited test drive the blanket was still nice and cool like we wanted

The coolest part is this truck is actually tuned by SCT at this time, running and driving flawlessly, and, it's got a 10MM LMM pump. That being said, I tip my hat to the boss for the files.

For those of you waiting on the pricing emails, I should hopefully be in touch with all of you by the end of the week to discuss options

If anyone else is seriously interested in one of these kits please be sure to get me an email ASAP.

We will be shipping 10 of these kits right off the bat on a first come first serve basis, so make sure you are in line if it's something you want - [email protected]

Stay posted for some more videos if the weather cooperates.

Jared
I sent an email to you a couple weeks ago about pricing but haven't heard anything back yet.

E55rocket

Reaction score
I don't have a SS Waterproofing email here. I have last names; Hiner, Gray, Wiseman, Chalker, Garrett left to respond to

If your name isn't there please resend your email and I will try to be in touch by the end of today or tomorrow!

Last name is Starkey but I'll send another email incase it went to your junk box.

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
One question... Does the ball bearing and journal bearing precision turbos make the same turbine sound? I ask because i'm considering this for my stock rods engine. No plan to build. I assume the stockers would benefit from the lag. Is it a good assumption? :p i think a 71mm or 76mm would be a good combo with the stock 15-16 turbo

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
One question... Does the ball bearing and journal bearing precision turbos make the same turbine sound? I ask because i'm considering this for my stock rods engine. No plan to build. I assume the stockers would benefit from the lag. Is it a good assumption? :p i think a 71mm or 76mm would be a good combo with the stock 15-16 turbo

journal is going to lag more. adding any turbo in front will increase lag .

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
I understand it is going to lag more but seeing how elite tow power compounds are journal bearings and spool good on a 6.4 for 700 whp i'm confident a similar setup on a 6.7 should be as good or better 😉 i'm mostly worried about the rods if it spools too soon, a little lag could be beneficial actually... Like some people say a large non vgt turbo is easier on stock rods :p

ckrueg

Reaction score
I understand it is going to lag more but seeing how elite tow power compounds are journal bearings and spool good on a 6.4 for 700 whp i'm confident a similar setup on a 6.7 should be as good or better 😉 i'm mostly worried about the rods if it spools too soon, a little lag could be beneficial actually... Like some people say a large non vgt turbo is easier on stock rods :p
A good tuner could also pull fuel and timing at low rpms to help keep the rods alive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gleebag

Reaction score
I understand it is going to lag more but seeing how elite tow power compounds are journal bearings and spool good on a 6.4 for 700 whp i'm confident a similar setup on a 6.7 should be as good or better &#55357;&#56841; i'm mostly worried about the rods if it spools too soon, a little lag could be beneficial actually... Like some people say a large non vgt turbo is easier on stock rods :p

Honestly I really wouldn't mess with this setup (Midwest compounds) on a bottom end truck. Definitely overkill for not having the hard parts to exploit it's full potential.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I actually have an option for stock 15-17 turbo guys who just want to tow and nothing more. Precision makes a 6 blade 71 that will perform very well. If you turn the wick up all the way with a 15 pump it could potentially hurt the motor. But a tow/street tune should be unbelievably responsive.

We paired this in order to compare with Wherlis LML Kit. Because it's time we get similar options for our side of the market.

Plus it will sound awesome.

We will only sell these kits with our selected ball bearing turbos.

Jomax

Reaction score
I actually have an option for stock 15-17 turbo guys who just want to tow and nothing more. Precision makes a 6 blade 71 that will perform very well. If you turn the wick up all the way with a 15 pump it could potentially hurt the motor. But a tow/street tune should be unbelievably responsive.

We paired this in order to compare with Wherlis LML Kit. Because it's time we get similar options for our side of the market.

Plus it will sound awesome.

We will only sell these kits with our selected ball bearing turbos.

But then you'd loose VGT? Any reason someone would do this over a streetmaxR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Not sure I follow what you are saying brother?

That's what I get for posting while waiting to board a flight. I didn't realize this is the compound thread.... I thought you guys made a precision drop in single turbo for 15-17 guys...

Oops!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online