Determing lift size...

Mjrodrigues916

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently picked up 2006 f250, it already had lift kit installed and I am trying to determine size of lift so I can buy new shocks... Any ideas how to tell? And recommendation on shocks? Thanks

Attachments

• 20191121_104352_HDR.jpg
    20191121_104352_HDR.jpg
    927.5 KB · Views: 117

Derkperk

Reaction score
It looks good! What size tires? Looks like a 4” to me... not sure the exact way to find out but guessing you could measure the springs and compare to a stocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Just pull the numbers off the shocks, and cross reference them with your preferred brand.
Usually they are stamped on the resivour(?)/housing.
An application catalog will give you travel, etc.
I'd guess 6" lift, personally.

sootie

Reaction score
I'd take out the guesswork b Yu removing one front and one rear shock. Collapse them and measure the length, then expand them and measure the length. Would take less time to do that that make this thread and read the replies...and it would be accurate too!

ncollins64

Reaction score
What Sootie said but I’m going for 4 inches. Had an 05 with 4.5 coils and 35s and it was damn near the same as yours. It’s a lot shorter than my other with a 6, just my .02

Justinlw

Reaction score
Measure distance between the frame and bump-stop pad on your front axle. Stock is right at 5”, subtract 5 from your measurement to get lift height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently picked up 2006 f250, it already had lift kit installed and I am trying to determine size of lift so I can buy new shocks... Any ideas how to tell? And recommendation on shocks? Thanks

6” up front, rear is either factory height or 2” bigger blocks.

Bilstien 5100 if you are on a budget.
King coil overs if price is not an issue

Sent while disassembling your neighbors meth lab.

walkbyfaith

Reaction score
Another good way of determining lift height would be to measure from the center of hub to the bottom of the fender on the front and rear. You would obviously also need measurements from other trucks to compare.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.