Batteries

Towerguy

Reaction score
anything but optima

in order of what Id look at
odyssey
interstate
diehard

Is Diehard even still an option? I put a set of Diehard Platinum AGM's on my truck in late 2010 after it ate 2 sets of Motorcraft batteries. Spent a couple of hard winters in Minnesota and North Dakota. Started like a champ in subzero weather without being plugged in. A couple of years ago, my FICM died on a jobsite 2 hours from my hotel. I tried for several hours to start it. A hot no-start so I never suspected my FICM. After several hours of intermittent attempts to start it, the batteries would still spin it like a gasser with the spark plugs pulled out when the rollback finally arrived. They were 4 years old then. I've been thinking my next set would be the Odysseys since everything I can find says they were the source of the Diehard Platinums.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
They're all junk now. Nothing beats the factory all black Motorcraft batteries with the "eye" in them. I had the original factory batteries in my OBS over 10 years. I replaced the factory battery in my '04 Marauder this past spring. The batteries were still good but replaced them as PM.

I heard Deka Batteries are good.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Cat batteries, they’re sealed and have 850CCA,made by Deka. Great battery for around $130ea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_Nevada

Reaction score
Wow. Just checked the price on a pair of Oddessy's,

GACK!! Choke!! Dang!! $273 for one, $312 for the other.

$600 for batteries? Sweet baby Jesus. :doh:

sootie

Reaction score
Wow. Just checked the price on a pair of Oddessy's,

GACK!! Choke!! Dang!! $273 for one, $312 for the other.

$600 for batteries? Sweet baby Jesus. :doh:

odessys arent worth the price as the quality is nowhere similar to what they built the brand on. Go with original motorcrafts with the sight glass on the top or CAT batteries.

I personally run Interstate due to price but i am also very close to them so if i have issues, its no big deal. Not that i recommend them as the best battery though.

mandkole

Reaction score
Cat batteries, they’re sealed and have 850CCA,made by Deka. Great battery for around $130ea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree with this... a good lead acid battery. Deka is actually the brand name of East Penn Mfg. EPM private-brand labels a lot of batteries, but this is a very well run private company that is focused on high quality products.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
My driver battery is off gassing so bad my headlight positive ring terminal literally fell off. I cleaned it a few months ago. Only one battery is doing it, you think I can get ford to warranty the battery? It's only the positive. I hate to eat the battery wiring harness on truck up messing with crap battery. I'm under warranty another 300 miles

Attachments

• 20180116_122136.jpg
    20180116_122136.jpg
    823.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

T_W6.7

Reaction score
Have had good luck even with the new odyssey batteries, have even had good luck with motorcraft replacement batteries, Centennials are big in my area and I haven't had good luck at all with those in a diesel application, gas seem to be just fine. Have not had good luck at all with Interstate batteries, wal mart, oreilly's, or napa brand batteries.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We warranty interstate like crazy. We just now 2 hours ago pulled a set out of a truck we put in 2 weeks ago and their frozen solid, cracked all over.

No one believes me but I have 6 going on 7 years on a set of napa gold's.... They tell me gold series is no longer available that they are legends... Had a few warranties on those too.

dmd

Reaction score
Bought the O Relies Motocraft with 100 month warrenty 800 CCA and hope for the best. Will probably get a free set and a prorated set.. Last time the dealer had a sale
on the 700 CCA and they were junk.. Got two free sets and a prorated set.. Original batteries lasted 7 years

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
My driver battery is off gassing so bad my headlight positive ring terminal literally fell off. I cleaned it a few months ago. Only one battery is doing it, you think I can get ford to warranty the battery? It's only the positive. I hate to eat the battery wiring harness on truck up messing with crap battery. I'm under warranty another 300 miles

As long as yo are under 3/36 it shoul be covered. If it ate away the terminal, they should also replace the cable assembly. Thay job sucks, but make sure they do it, as it will cost an arm and a leg customer pay... And the best part about frd warranty on batteries, if they re done under bumper to bumper, the full battery warranty applies, as ford payed for it, not "motorcraft". So youll have 3yr free replacement, 100mo pro rate. If you can talk hem into replacing both, see if you can pay the difference for the 850s as opposed to750s. It should be fairly cheap if they will let you.

Looking at the picture closer, that terminal is ***ked. Mention that, they should replace them...

Latest posts

Members online