95 No Start Died while driving

SAVAGE_DIESEL

Reaction score
TS-6
6637 Filter
3" up pipe
"who knows what else hacked in by PO's"

Gentlemen I have had a run of bad luck recently trying to stay positive this was just another thing to my pile but on...
Monday morning headed to work Truck developed a slight hiccup or bump couldn't tell. Turned radio off and windows down couldn't quite pick it up I was doing Highway speeds. I let off the throttle it went away I then got back into it and it was worse. The engine was breaking up. Almost as if it was running out of fuel. I have had a UVHC external plug burn up on me before it was like that but different lol. So I just continued to let the truck roll in N so trying to make it to the next exit. Soon the engine stalled. No restart while rolling I tried. I drifted ever so slowly to a stop in a parking lot right after the exit. Tried to start the truck and it wasn't having it. Cranked fine but wasn't gonna start. I got under the hood and couldn't find anything quick so I had to get her a stretcher ride home. I then replaced the CPS I am pretty sure that the dealer sold me the wrong one but he assured me it wasn't. That's a big no go didn't work. So now I had to call my boss and say I wasn't coming in. Well he informed me he was sorry but I would be getting written up since I am still on new hire probation. Since the last place I work laid me off I am starting over again.

SO I get the truck into my garage and I checked my FB it seemed fine a little cruddy but all in all ok. I took it out cleaned it up changed out the FL since they were barley there and put it back in with high hopes and once again nothing had to get a ride to work 2hrs early not paid with the wife and then get a ride home all week I have been doing this.

So a friend lends me a scanner (Blue point eerc or something) it worked but I got way less than I thought I would. Upon initial plug in under advanced I believe I got 3 codes P1280 ICP low circuit, P0472 EPS Low input, and a PO603 PCM Keep Alive memory Error.
The KOEO test came up with P0605 PCM ROM test something, and P0470 EPS.

Truck does not smoke while cranking except.... This evening I unplugged the ICP and EPS and cranked the crap out of it. It smoked a little and eventually chugged but never fired.

There is a loud clicking from behind or near the Fuel pump Oil is fine and tuner is unplugged. I went this evening and got a Fuel Pressure Test kit I am going to go out and try that next Because I am assuming it may be that pump but IDK and I don't want to muck this up more than it possibly already could be.

Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I am newer to Diesel trucks but not a green mechanic. I need some help Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Check the fuel pressure which should be 25 psi minimum while cranking. Check all the UVCH connections for oil or burned pins. Is the WTS light coming on? If the TS-6 chip is still in it, physically remove it (with key noehere near the ignition!) and see what happens. Cheers!

SAVAGE_DIESEL

Reaction score
I have been trying to test the fuel pressure at the Schrader valve. I don't know if I did something wrong or not. I would assume I didn't because I am not new to testing pressures via Schrader valves.........
But does it need to be an empty fuel bowl?
Do I need to open the valve by giving it a half turn or anything or is it as straight forward as it appears to be?

In trying to test the FP I received a reading of 0psi so. I went to remove the fuel filter and see if when I cranked it filled the bowl and that stupid plastic cap broke on the Dura**** filter that was the only thing left in stock.... I already ordered a motorcraft filter the night I put that POS in I just didn't want to place the old filter back in so I assumed that pos would be better than the old one nope and never again.

when I removed the bowl etc.. the other night I checked and cleaned all the UVCH connections as well as all other connections in the valley area.

The WTS light does come on as well as the LED I placed on the dash for when the wife starts the truck for me in the mornings she knows if that doesn't come on recycle the key and wait 30 seconds or so until cranking once it is illuminated. Lol

I removed the TS-6 earlier and with no success nothing changed for me.

So currently I dropped the tank to inspect that and wow what a mess from a PO but it has fuel and seems intact but I do believe its a F150 sending unit with a half wacked Hutch mod. SMH

I planned to work forward from there with the frustration of the filter to deal with last LOL. Next is the selector Valve body and switches. Does that ever get clogged or fail shut etc? Also I only have a front tank and with that being the case can I just leave that in place so the electronics work and jump the Fuel lines around it?

Thanks for the reply I am just desperately trying some old detective work I know it needs fuel so I decided to start with the supply..

79jasper

Reaction score
I would blow out the feed line, from the engine towards the tank.
Mine the pickups broke off and pieces got stuck.
Or your pump is shot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SAVAGE_DIESEL

Reaction score
Check the engine oil!

:fustrate: Denver I am sorry I did not post that I had already done so. I do believe though that it is sad you guys and lots of us through out our daily lives have to remind people to do that. Especially when it is as important as it is in our trucks. I am in the middle of removing all fuel related items from the valley and cleaning / checking lines.

But Denver being serious is it better to check the HPOP level through the sensor hole or through the little plug on the LH side of the pump?

Thanks guys I will keep you posted Keep the ideas coming I appreciate it all. But I do have work at 5am and may try to squeeze in a nap.

SAVAGE_DIESEL

Reaction score
I got the truck fired up and it is running was running great until I put my TS 6 chip back in to use the High Idle. Do they ever become corrupted not that it doesn't seem to do what it should it just seems that the truck ran better as a diesel without it. Does that make any sense? Advice (practical)

What I repaired and did......

After going through a million and one crazy scenarios I just said screw it. I am an all around figure it out type mechanic. The truck had fuel in the bowl but it seemed to not be getting any more and It took about a mile until it broke up enough to stall. I have had a UVCH plug burn up on me the truck ran like **** lost all power but it still ran..

So I dropped the tank went through that seemed fine repaired a few obvious leaky areas and moved on to the front. Pulled the FB went through it. Replaced O rings checked screens Yanked the FB heater mostly because I broke it... then shimmed my spring while I was in there Re assembled and tried to fire the truck. No GO!!

So then I went to the EBPV due to the error code mentioning it. It was clogged SOLID!!!! all the way to the fitting on the manifold. So I removed all of that tried to clean it lost patience with that stupid idea. Bent up some brake line and replaced it. Once again a No GO on starting...

So now I know its time for that goofy PIA Pump. couldn't find my wrench most likely it has found a home in someone else's box. so after the purchase of a wrench I began removal of the pump for a basic inspection. I couldn't get it to budge Finally it broke off. I think I woke the neighbors with the amount of curse words and their volume. But when I looked the stem had broke as well. SO after some careful planning I got a very strong retrieval mag and a set of needle nose vice grips a Map gas torch and began to play the game of operation with a powerstroke. LOL it worked I got it all out with no buzzer or red nose. I went and got a new pump Cheap DELPHI one with a Lifetime warranty. (I know that they only offer that because it will break). But I am working with limited funds here hence the 25 year old truck.

I then cleaned all plugs re pinned a few and moved forward. After a lot of cranking the truck finally lit off man she was angry. But it smoothed out and ran great. I filled her up and washed up for work in 4 hours the next morning.

On my way home I blew the Drivers side (RH) pressure return fuel line from the head and let me tell you what there was Fuel every where I dumped about half a tank before getting home. I had napa make me up a new set of lines and so far so good.

Latest posts

Members online