H13 bulb options

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I always run the regular sylvania bulbs. They last the longest. If I want more light, I add accessory lighting and wire them to work with the head light switch. On my '12 I had to take the grill out to change the head lights. Anyone I know thats run a "hotter" bulb, whether it be a silver star or whatever, have brighter lights with a shorter life span. So I have always used the standard bulbs and added extra lights. Hella lights are very, very nice. I have had a set on my truck for probably 8 years. (5 years on this truck, and 3+ on the old truck, combined 250k+ miles) Still in very nice shape.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Get whatever the brightest ones walmart has on the rack. Same brand name as you'd get anywhere else but it's the cheapest place to get them. Part stores want $20 more than walmart. Either regular bulbs or there's plenty of vendors that sell the LEDs headlight bulbs as well.

188slo50

Reaction score
Get some silver stars if you want regular bulbs and eBay is cheapest source, I was getting them for about $20 less than the box stores sell them. I'm getting ready to switch to LEDs as I'm tired of bulbs not lasting and with OK brightness.

Jomax

Reaction score
Projector retrofit with HIDs. Only thing brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
Get some silver stars if you want regular bulbs and eBay is cheapest source, I was getting them for about $20 less than the box stores sell them. I'm getting ready to switch to LEDs as I'm tired of bulbs not lasting and with OK brightness.

If you're tired of "OK brightness," you're not gonna like LEDs.

188slo50

Reaction score
Projector retrofits if you want better lights than halogens. The LEDs are bright, but the output pattern leaves a lot to be desired. Basically, they put out a lot of light, just not "useable" light.

I built projectors for my 2500hd and wasn't impressed for the money I had in them.

Latest posts

Members online