egr off with cooler intact

slc6oh

Reaction score
so lookin at ******** my new-to-me 15' and curious... is there any reason that all the egr crap couldnt just stay on and turn the valve and whatever else off in the tune?

sootie

Reaction score
No reason at all. On my last truck the factory equipment was underhood but non functioning

slc6oh

Reaction score
And another noob question- whats "safe" on these things, trucks a dd / weekend tow pig and wont really be beat on- could i say put 100hp worth of program on the truck and the engine & trans stay happy a good long time ? Obviously switching to a tow tune when towing (Plan on ez link w/ sotf switch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
reading the trans is great too as long as the tuner knows what they are doing.. getting the 4-5 upshift time waay down helps em live also. I just dropped a good bit of coin and love the truck, so I want to not have to **** with it all the time or be fixing stupid **** all the time. but know full well whats to be easily gained by putting it on a diet. and know what e.g.r does to an engine. (deal with heavy diesels for a living)

and like most of us I have this problem with leaving **** alone. its a sickness I think . haha

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
reading the trans is great too as long as the tuner knows what they are doing.. getting the 4-5 upshift time waay down helps em live also. I just dropped a good bit of coin and love the truck, so I want to not have to **** with it all the time or be fixing stupid **** all the time. but know full well whats to be easily gained by putting it on a diet. and know what e.g.r does to an engine. (deal with heavy diesels for a living)

and like most of us I have this problem with leaving **** alone. its a sickness I think . haha

yes for sure the 3-4 and 4-5 shifts took some tiume to keep the 15+ alive in the race files, but they're dialed now. i haven't heard of a tuned 15+ losing a trans from normal use in a long time, hit me up if i can help with anything. blockoff's are a very simple solution.

Last edited:

slc6oh

Reaction score
Another stupid one--- if i have a local shop (starlite diesel) do my ezlynk... Whats the chances of having correct trans settings? Zach knows his stuff, but i wanna make sure its right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online