Fuel filter ******

OryC

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone is doing as far as the factory fuel/water seperator goes after adding an airdog/fass fuel system to these trucks. I know h&s sells the fuel filter for under the hood but is everyone just removing the water separator filter and leaving it empty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Not to sound like a negative f, but don't replace it with that crap. And if you do they are usually added inline with it

OryC

Reaction score
Not to sound like a negative f, but don't replace it with that crap. And if you do they are usually added inline with it
Replace what? The fuel filter under the hood or add a lift pump?

I already have a lift pump installed on the truck and was more so curious about the oem water separator. I see people adding the h&s fuel filter kit to replace the oem fuel filter under the hood but not sure if people are just leaving their oem water separator filter in the filter housing or leaving that housing empty.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Replace what? The fuel filter under the hood or add a lift pump?

I already have a lift pump installed on the truck and was more so curious about the oem water separator. I see people adding the h&s fuel filter kit to replace the oem fuel filter under the hood but not sure if people are just leaving their oem water separator filter in the filter housing or leaving that housing empty.

I leave mine in place its cheap insurance. I also put both of my filters PRE LPFP. I have left a stock bottom fuel filter on a 6.0/5.9 conversion for almost 8 years on my old truck. I honestly looked fine the few times I checked it and when I changed it before I sold it. There were no crumbling filter parts no cracked seams nothing barely discolored. If you were paranoid about it change it every 30k to 50k. I think that you can buy just the LPFP filter now.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
The factory water separator is not capable of catching enough water. You already added the pump I would add a better dahl water seperator