Remote Start

Dusten

Reaction score
Worth it? That's up to you. Do you really need the ability to start your truck from in the house? I found on the diesel a nice block heater worked better, put on a timer. The diesels take for ****ing ever to warm up when its cold out. Put the truck on a timer, walk outside a few minutes before leaving, start the truck, unplug it, go back inside, get your stuff and leave. The truck will be nice and warm.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Worth it? That's up to you. Do you really need the ability to start your truck from in the house? I found on the diesel a nice block heater worked better, put on a timer. The diesels take for ****ing ever to warm up when its cold out. Put the truck on a timer, walk outside a few minutes before leaving, start the truck, unplug it, go back inside, get your stuff and leave. The truck will be nice and warm.

Guess I should have added the words "compared to an aftermarket unit." I have Remote Access on my 13, and at work it's the difference between jumping in a truck with 90-100 degree oil and one with 40 degree. But that's not what I'm wanting to discuss. My uncle has an 08. He'd like remote start. Which way should I tell him to go? Factory or aftermarket? Dealership told him it'd be over $1000 to add the factory one.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Remote start is worth having on anything especially a diesel and it doesn’t compare to plugging it in.

I’d go aftermarket for sure.
Much better range and Way cheaper

Dusten

Reaction score
Guess I should have added the words "compared to an aftermarket unit." I have Remote Access on my 13, and at work it's the difference between jumping in a truck with 90-100 degree oil and one with 40 degree. But that's not what I'm wanting to discuss. My uncle has an 08. He'd like remote start. Which way should I tell him to go? Factory or aftermarket? Dealership told him it'd be over $1000 to add the factory one.

For the costs listed in this thread, I'd go aftermarket then. I have an audiovox prestige system in my truck that works. I don't really use it, but it has remote started the the truck when I wanted it to to, and other than my wife washing the remote has had zero issues. Its at least 6 years old too.

Lipka101

Reaction score
I just put one in my 08. I got the cheapest one from ford and it was $275. I installed it myself. I know nothing about remote starts but it seems if you find a good aftermarket it’s probably the better option as you can have longer run times and more options as well as better range. $1000 is outrageous though. Dealer here quoted $150 for the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

C2tuck

Reaction score
My $600 quote was for remote start using your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
I just put one in my 08. I got the cheapest one from ford and it was $275. I installed it myself. I know nothing about remote starts but it seems if you find a good aftermarket it’s probably the better option as you can have longer run times and more options as well as better range. $1000 is outrageous though. Dealer here quoted $150 for the install.

Do you know what part numbers you used? Ford Accessories website only had the long range two way for $430ish.
My $600 quote was for remote start using your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was right around $500 for Remote Access for my 13. But, my understanding is that's not available for a 6.4 (Ford's product).

Lipka101

Reaction score
Do you know what part numbers you used? Ford Accessories website only had the long range two way for $430ish.

I was right around $500 for Remote Access for my 13. But, my understanding is that's not available for a 6.4 (Ford's product).

Part no. AW3Z-19G364-A remote start kit
Part no. 8L3Z-19G365-BA. PATS module

Yes I believe you are correct that it’s not available on the 6.4

[email protected]

Reaction score
ford remote, installation?

whats involved in installation? once started, will heat or ac start running. i have a 2008. it works fine to start the truck. it is an after market. but nothing will activate until i put the key in and turn it to run. then heat/ac works fine. wish i could get into my truck and it would be comfortable.

Lipka101

Reaction score
You will have to find and splice into 5-6 wires either under the drivers kick panel and under the dash and remove the steering column cover to run a wire up to the ignition for the PATS system. Once started, whatever you had the heat/a/c set to when leaving the truck is where it will be. Everthing comes on with the remote start.

Latest posts

Members online