DIY oil bypass system

Rico

Reaction score
Any recommendations? Lowest price I’ve seen for a kit was just under $300 roughly including shipping.

Been looking at fleet filter

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Its not a DIY or the cheapest kit available but I'd highly recommend looking at ELS (which is a vendor on here) his names Jim..

When I was looking for a kit my 6.4 I read for weeks on everything I could find. Was about to order an amsoil kit because I got it for cost and then I found Jim's kit.
He explained the benefits his kit could offer on the phone. Micron and bata numbers are super impressive compared to other kits including amsoil, and the best I could find anywhere.

I'll be putting one on my 6.7L one of these days.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

uncool

Reaction score
Baldwin filter base OB1305, Baldwin B164 filter, some -04 hose and a couple of fittings.

Running that same setup for over 5 years on multiple truck.

Rico

Reaction score
Same products are on order. I ordered a T unit at the oil pressure port within the rear oil cooler mount since I have a sensor for the efuel wiring system. Where did you mount the filter setup?

old man dave

Reaction score
I bought the FS-2500 from Filtration Solutions and liked it. However, since There seems to be a lot of new FS-2500s on ebay without hoses, the factory is reluctant to sell hose sets if they don't have the buyer on record. I misplaced my hose set and they actually did a lookup to see if I had bought it directly from them.

As mentioned, its easy enough to make your own SS braided hoses. There seems to be a lot of new FS-2500 bypass setups (whole or partial) on ebay right now. This was a $425 setup from the factory 12 years ago when I bought mine.

When you check out the ebay reference, the other listings come up.

JCart

Reaction score
As an option you might wanna checkout Donaldson DBL 7405 filters, designed for Cat engines and are a dual filter with by pass built in and spin on in stock location. Fair bit larger capacity over stock too. Engine now takes 16 Litres to fill. I’ve ran Amsoils dual remotes and also luber finer OTH huge DIY set up. In fairness I’ve never ran UOA, but I will say the Donaldson DBL 7405 keeps the oil visually cleaner then just a stock filter. No scientific basis just a wild ass guess.... I’d run one (DBL 7405) regardless of which system you go with, or even if you don’t run a by pass system.
j
j

campbellflage

Reaction score
I bought the FS-2500 from Filtration Solutions and liked it. However, since There seems to be a lot of new FS-2500s on ebay without hoses, the factory is reluctant to sell hose sets if they don't have the buyer on record. I misplaced my hose set and they actually did a lookup to see if I had bought it directly from them.

As mentioned, its easy enough to make your own SS braided hoses. There seems to be a lot of new FS-2500 bypass setups (whole or partial) on ebay right now. This was a $425 setup from the factory 12 years ago when I bought mine.

When you check out the ebay reference, the other listings come up.

I've ran mine in left over fuel system hose, it's a low pressure system maybe 40 psi. Definitely cheaper than buying a complete system

Latest posts

Members online