7.3 Staging limiter

mattman347

Reaction score
For drag racing I built one for my truck, worked good but don't really use it much anymore, just learned to get better at the light. Mine worked off the throttle petal where you could set your RPM while on the brake to where ever you needed it to be and then go to the floor with the throttle and bump into the second bulb. When I saw yellow I would just drop my foot off the brake and it would go full throttle as my foot was already on the floor. Not sure if this was exactly what you ere looking for though?

94.5stroker

Reaction score
For drag racing I built one for my truck, worked good but don't really use it much anymore, just learned to get better at the light. Mine worked off the throttle petal where you could set your RPM while on the brake to where ever you needed it to be and then go to the floor with the throttle and bump into the second bulb. When I saw yellow I would just drop my foot off the brake and it would go full throttle as my foot was already on the floor. Not sure if this was exactly what you ere looking for though?

I’ve been thinking a lot about that. It would essentially make a two step. I figured it could be taken care of in tuning, I just didn’t know if the pcm took the brake pedle switch in as in input to where you could use it as a parameter. I was always gonna ask my tuner but hadn’t got around to it.

Reaction score
After doing some talking with the engineers at BD they sent me a way to set it up on my truck. I'll try it and give feed back on how it works on here this summer.

Reaction score
It will be using their staging limiter and I'll just wire it in differently. They said it will most likely cause me to loose some features but for what I'm doing with the truck most features don't really matter to me.

Latest posts

Members online