Diet time!
GTX w/ SOTF and Tyrant and Pyro kit
NL Intake (from Silver I)
Absolute pipe kit
Absolute CCV
Absolute intercooler
Absolute EGR
aFe 5" (from Silver I)

Friday night I cleaned the shop and when we got home from diner I removed the EGR bolts (Steve told me to do it on a hot truck.)
In no particular hurry, got up Saturday and had a leisurely morning. About 10:15 I strolled out to the shop.
By 4:15 all the stock parts were off and in a pile.
Worked until 10pm that day, got the CCV, EGR and the intake bridge, pipe and NL intake. Trial fitted the intercooler, realized I had to remove it to get the lower intake 90 on. Quit for the night.

Bright and early Sunday I got to work. First tackled the intercooler. Found a rubber doohickie on the floor that was part of the assy. That was a pain. Got the cold side pipe on. Tackled the hot side. After having to cut the stock boot off (boo) I found the pipe to be too long. In place it was hard up against the intercooler. S'okay, the stock pipe was about the same. Used stock and moved on.

Worked on mounting the GTX. I'd found that it almost fits the sunglasses holder so I decided to modify that to mount the GTX. Fun. Got it. My USB extension cord did not work with the GTX. SOTF I mounted next to the exhaust brake in the cig lighter port - made a couple washers. So after much fiddling I got it in, batteries were back in the truck so I tried to tune it and got an error. A little freaked out (this is how I get to work in the AM) I posted in a few places. Got help ******** the download and re-downloaded. Meanwhile while waiting for answers I put the exhaust on, modified it for CCV and did a final install of that. Which was not fun. Whoever invented those rubber hangers is a sadist.

Got help on the GTX, re-downloaded and this time it loaded the tune. Proceeded to button up things under the hood (wifey had run to the store for me.) Got ready for first fire. Turned the key and it fired right up with a deep rumble and a really loud hissing. Still not sure what this 'open line on an aircompressor noise' is. Been told it's the VGT, but my '12 was never that hissy.

Anyway took it for a drive. Turned the knob full clockwise thinking that was 5. Seemed kinda doggy actually. Turned the knob full CCW. NOW WE ARE TALKING. It was 6pm & raining and I haven't put the trutrac in yet so all I was doing was spinning one tire. But from a 30mph roll on it's pretty tough and quick.

Happy camper, now off to work...

Next weekend: Truetrac and PMF offset rear blocks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old Parts.jpg (69.0 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg New Parts.jpg (62.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg engine bay.jpg (187.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg silver.jpg (705.3 KB, 116 views)
Ultra 22x10 and Nitto Ridge 37x12.50R22, Icon leveling springs, steering damper mounts, King reservoir shocks and steering damper, PMF Traction Bars, Titan 50gal tank, SOTF GTX w Tyrant, NL intake, Absolute pipe kit, EGR, CCV, intercooler, 5" aFe, Airlift airbags & wireless dual controller, AMP Steps, Leer XL.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:28 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Looking great under the hood. I'm still running the stock hot side pipe on my NL IC. Using a CTS2 with added sensors I see a OAT/IAT delta of 15-25*F so far. With summer temps coming I expect the delta to remain, but the IAT is getting towards the 100*+ range as of late.

What's up with the PMF offset rear blocks? Haven't heard or understand why those would be used.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:40 AM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Loik at the side of the truck and you will notice that the rear end is offset to the rear. The pmf blocks allow you to center the axle. The blocks also have airbag mounts so I can get rid of that micky mouse combo.
Ultra 22x10 and Nitto Ridge 37x12.50R22, Icon leveling springs, steering damper mounts, King reservoir shocks and steering damper, PMF Traction Bars, Titan 50gal tank, SOTF GTX w Tyrant, NL intake, Absolute pipe kit, EGR, CCV, intercooler, 5" aFe, Airlift airbags & wireless dual controller, AMP Steps, Leer XL.

Last edited by TrickTruck; 05-21-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Got ya. Another brand has been doing that already but called it something different I recall. Are you lifting the rear any with the new block?
Old 05-21-2018, 04:07 PM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

No lift, just the offset and the airbag mounts.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

I do have one oddity.

I'd think that from level 0 to 5 there'd be a big seat of the pants feel to it. There isn't.

Counter clock wise is 0 and clock wise is 5, right? I don't feel any difference in the seat.

Switch says 'no limit' on it. The instructions said there's be a switch and a LED light that lit up when I had the polarity right, there is no led light and no switch. Talked to Blake (one of the absolute dealers.) He said it doesn't have polarity and to plug them in any old way. So I did.

Have I got something messed up here?
Old 05-21-2018, 07:50 PM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Got the pyro working. Now if I could just figure out the SOTF.

Here's some pics of how I did the GTX mount and the SOTF switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180521_213725_1526953395806.jpg (1.54 MB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 20180521_213903_1526953395301.jpg (1.84 MB, 69 views)
Old 05-22-2018, 07:49 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Mine came with a little numbered washer 1-5. As I understand it, 1 is Stock and 5 is the Race setting.

I do wish the GTX would read a few more parameters and allow us to change the tire size ourselves. And have the monitor display the SOTF setting just for the hell of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sw1.jpg (77.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg sw2.jpg (132.2 KB, 51 views)

~2004 F-350 Shorty 6.0 2wd

~2003 Peterbilt 330

~2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed
Old 05-22-2018, 11:38 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTruck View Post
Loik at the side of the truck and you will notice that the rear end is offset to the rear. The pmf blocks allow you to center the axle. The blocks also have airbag mounts so I can get rid of that micky mouse combo.

The tapered lift blocks are for pinion angle. Your rear end being offset is due to needing an adjustable trac bar to move front end and attain correct thrust angle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2018, 11:52 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokun View Post
The tapered lift blocks are for pinion angle. Your rear end being offset is due to needing an adjustable trac bar to move front end and attain correct thrust angle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Complete bullsh!t.

He isnt talking about taper anyway. Nor does the front have anything to do with tea in china...