Truck won’t run

keith.ciolkosz

Reaction score
Driving my truck home today and “low fuel pressure” popped up on the dash couldn’t accelerate over 40. Made it about 5 more miles and kept losing power so I pulled over and it died. One code popped up P0183
Pulled my fuel filter off on the rail to see if it was gelled, or plugged. It was all good, popped a line off on the filter in the engine bay and had good fuel flow. Thinking high pressure fuel pump might be bad.
Any insight would be helpful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
what other codes are stored? Could be a pump but some other diagnostics should be done.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Had you just filled up or gotten fuel in the past 100 miles? No water in the lower filter I presume? Could it just be the temperature sensor giving the fault and causing the issues? How many miles on the truck? Have the filters ever plugged or gelled before?

keith.ciolkosz

Reaction score
Had you just filled up or gotten fuel in the past 100 miles? No water in the lower filter I presume? Could it just be the temperature sensor giving the fault and causing the issues? How many miles on the truck? Have the filters ever plugged or gelled before?

Never had gelling issues or plugged filters before. I just replaced fuel filter about 1000 miles ago Filled up 4 days ago and it’s at half a tank now. I didn’t have any water when I pulled the filter either.
Truck is an 11 just broke 100,000 has just over 7400 engine hours tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online