6.0 swap into obs question.

Darvis 6.0

Reaction score
I have a 96 obs that I put a 6.0 in, I made the harness standalone so no dash modules and extra junk, fires up runs great but goes into limp mode because of a vss code, it shifts flawless and speedo works in the transmission. Section on my scanner but not on live data, so about half a mile or so it derates fuel, still has good power but I need to figure out how to tell the computer it's getting a signal. So my question is, does anyone know these abs and vss wiring good enough to point me in the right direction? I've been messing with it so much on this one issue I parked the truck

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
You should post this on compD and watch the damn heads explode. Lol Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

co04cobra

Reaction score
You should be able to tie into the factory obs rear abs sensor. Depending on which harness you used for taillights etc... you might have to tie into the VSS at the cluster. What Speedo did you use?

That’s a swap I have been interested in doing for years.

Darvis 6.0

Reaction score
I'm using the 96s complete factory harness and cluster, I just built the harness to run standalone, just needing input from the speed sensor to the pcm but I tried hooking the signal wire to the vss + on the pcm but still nothing,

co04cobra

Reaction score
Did you tie all the grounds together for your standalone? Only other thing I can think right now would be to separate that circuit if so and dedicate the ground just for it on the pcm side.

Speedo in the truck works fine? Sounds like a cool build. You should post up some pics when you get a chance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.